PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Boxwave Screen Protectors

I would welcome anyones opinion as to whether or not to get the Anti-glare or crystal clear screen protector for the touch pro from boxwave. I assume that you loose some image clarity with the anti-glare cover, but is it substantial? Thanks!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

Im_Gumby is just getting started
Re: Boxwave Screen Protectors

I used the Case-Mate Universal Privacy Screen Pro from Smartphone Experts.

Works nicely without hurting resolution.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs down Re: Boxwave Screen Protectors

See my post today in the other thread about Diamond protectors to see my opinions and experiences about Boxwave protectors.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

The antiglare will take away from the clarity. I had it on my instinct the entire time I owned that phone, then I put one on this phone as soon as I got it (cut the instinct's to fit.) Over white pages, you can see a weird pattern and over everything else, it's noticeably not as sharp as no screen protector.

After taking it off I found my self sort of amazed at how clear the screen really is. I hadn't used it long enough without the protector to get used to that.

I put on ghost armor and it doesn't take away from the clarity at all. It still has glare though. In the winter time that's not as much of an issue, but i think come summer time I might have to look for another anti glare solution.

Old 12-20-2008, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

I'm using Boxwave's Anti Glare and I really like it. You do lose a little clarity, but it's not super noticeable, AND the fact that finger prints and smudges barely show up at all more than makes up for it.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

I suggest you get Bodyguardz, best one i used so far, invisible shield realy disapointed me with the touch pro cut out, and bodyguardz comes with instructions on where each peace goes.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Smokescry is a n00b

Can anyone who has a Boxwave screen protector tell me how the fit is?

Mine overlaps onto the chrome in the upper left and right corners, and the bottom piece doesn't quite fit around the circular d-pad. Did they accidentally send me a GSM instead of a CDMA?
Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

DiamondViewz is a n00b

I just purchased the boxwave crystal for my sprint touch diamond. I wanted a protector to be as close to the original as possible. The vertical length is slightly less, but is not a big objection to me. The horizontal width seems to be right on. Visually, it is very close to the original, so I am satisfied with it. When installing however, you have to make sure you are in as dust-free an area as possible as the smallest fibers will adhere to the backing before you get it on the screen. I've tried the 'no glare' type in another brand and I feel that those reduce clarity too much for my taste.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro