PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 03:43 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

eiheme22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touhc Pro Vibration: originally soft, now Loud buzz

Hey All,

I've had this phone since october 27th, and I recently noticed that the vibration has gotten much louder than when I first got it. I used to keep the phone in my pocket and I could never hear the vibration. Now I hear a loud buzz everytime the phone vibrates. I have dropped it a few times but I wouldn't imagine this to be the problem. Perhaps, this is a problem that others are having. Any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2008, 03:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

leetsauce is just getting started
Re: Touhc Pro Vibration: originally soft, now Loud buzz

Is the TP your first HTC slide phone? I used to have the Mogul, and the vibrations were always loud and buzzy. I attribute this to the space between the slide out screen and the phone body itself. Lately, I've been hearing the same buzz from the TP, no doubt thanks to the decreasing friction between the screen and body.

I used to like my Mogul's loud vibration; it was loud enough for me to hear from a few feet away in a quiet room, but subtle enough to not really disturb anybody in the same room.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

diego_starr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiheme22 View Post
Hey All,

I've had this phone since october 27th, and I recently noticed that the vibration has gotten much louder than when I first got it. I used to keep the phone in my pocket and I could never hear the vibration. Now I hear a loud buzz everytime the phone vibrates. I have dropped it a few times but I wouldn't imagine this to be the problem. Perhaps, this is a problem that others are having. Any thoughts?
Same thing happened to me. I dropped mine once, on carpet mind you and the vibrations have been louder ever since. It's like the motor was jarred or something. I'm taking mine to Sprint tomorrow to get it looked at. I'll let you know the end result.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

diego_starr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_starr View Post
Same thing happened to me. I dropped mine once, on carpet mind you and the vibrations have been louder ever since. It's like the motor was jarred or something. I'm taking mine to Sprint tomorrow to get it looked at. I'll let you know the end result.
Went to a Sprint Store and the rep told me that I had indeed jarred the motor in all likelihood when I dropped it. Since this isn't from normal wear and tear, the techs would be hip to what happened and probably wouldn't repair the device. He directed me to Asurion. To make a long story short, I can get a new phone for $50 bucks. Even though I bought mine from Best Buy the Friday before they were officially supposed to come out, I haven't had any issues. Hopefully I have the same luck with this newer build. The Asurion rep did say I'd be receiving a new phone and not a refurb. FYI, the vibration motor is connected to the motherboard.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

nikon858 is just getting started

my mogul did the same thing...never dropped it...just from use.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetsauce View Post
Is the TP your first HTC slide phone? I used to have the Mogul, and the vibrations were always loud and buzzy. I attribute this to the space between the slide out screen and the phone body itself. Lately, I've been hearing the same buzz from the TP, no doubt thanks to the decreasing friction between the screen and body.

I used to like my Mogul's loud vibration; it was loud enough for me to hear from a few feet away in a quiet room, but subtle enough to not really disturb anybody in the same room.
put it this way i love it... i use my phone daily as an alarm and at times forget to take it off vibrate and i still woke up from the buzzing noise twice so far. but i think now there is a check for it to ring even on vibrate
Old 05-31-2009, 10:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

nannay12 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to nannay12

i dropped my phone the other day. noticed the vibrate as a loud buzzing also. but when i slide the keyboard out and change to volume to vibrate it no longer buzzes. this makes me think that it isn't jarred. there isn't any noticeable space between the keyboard and the phone, and i have held it tightly and tried vibrating it, and it didn't make much of a difference. any help or suggestions would help me... Thank you!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

omg, my TP is the same way. I thought it was the ROM or something that changed the vibration strength, but it has definitely gotten stronger. Not that it's a terrible thing though.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:38 AM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

my first tp had this problem, what happened with mine was the clip on the dpad had came out/broken and was causing the vibration to sound like it was metal on metal grinding...really annoying....took it to the store and got replaced...nqa

Help Me Help You
Old 06-01-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

nannay12 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to nannay12

does anyone know how to safely take apart the touch pro? i have searched for videos etc on youtube.. i mean i will not take it apart to figure this out unless i am positive that i have SEEN it done before. I wouldnt be surprised if it was that. b/c i noticed that the bottom left of my phone is where it is "buzzing" from. so most likely the d-pad within is broken.
Thank you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro