PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Exchange server and active sync help (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48553)

bndfishing 12-11-2008 12:00 AM

Exchange server and active sync help

I have my gmail and company exchange server mail setup on my phone. I only want the gmail to sync with my PC/outlook and don't want the company mail to sync with the PC (personal computer and don't want business mail on it). When I change the active sync setting on the PC it removes the mail on my phone (knew that would happen) but it also changes the exchange server settings on my phone so that it doesn't look for mail anymore. Is there a solution for this?

AFAngryWarrior 12-11-2008 12:19 AM

Re: Exchange server and active sync help

So let me get this straight.. You have 2 emails (gmail & business exchange). You want the Gmail ONLY on your PC, and the Exchange ONLY on your Touch Pro? If thats the case then setup the exchange server via your Touch Pro only disconnected from your PC and uncheck the setting in activesync to sync EMAIL with your PC. I have the same setup. With my Exchange server I dont sync with my PC at all though since the Exchange Server syncs contacts/dates/tasks. I only use activesync to browser the PDA folders and install apps.

bndfishing 12-11-2008 01:07 AM

That is just what I want to do but I'm having problems.

In the TP active sync under options I have unchecked mail in the exchange server, but exchange server shows up in active sync when I sync with the PC. It syncs but doesn't put any mail in outlook (good thing). Can I get exchange server to not show up in the PC active sync?

Then a weird thing happens, the TP shuts down and starts to vibrate. The only way to stop it is to pull the battery.

bndfishing 12-11-2008 01:10 AM

Every test I make since starting to use the exchange server, when I sync with the PC the TP blacks out, starts vibrating and the connection to the PC is lost. I can't figure this one out.

bndfishing 12-12-2008 03:05 PM

Bump for some help

ramborami 12-13-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bndfishing (Post 571593)
Every test I make since starting to use the exchange server, when I sync with the PC the TP blacks out, starts vibrating and the connection to the PC is lost. I can't figure this one out.

This sounds like a bad usb cable or connection.
Try a different cord, leave your phone flat on the desk, and make sure no other programs are running on your Workstation AND your phone (besides ActiveStync)

ramborami 12-13-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bndfishing (Post 571590)
That is just what I want to do but I'm having problems.

In the TP active sync under options I have unchecked mail in the exchange server, but exchange server shows up in active sync when I sync with the PC. It syncs but doesn't put any mail in outlook (good thing). Can I get exchange server to not show up in the PC active sync?

Then a weird thing happens, the TP shuts down and starts to vibrate. The only way to stop it is to pull the battery.

From this post, if I understood you correctly:
1) Make sure to backup all your contacts/tasks/notes/calendar by syncing to your PC's activesync/outlook or to your Exchange Server.
2) Disconnect the usb cable.
3) From TP's activesync program, Delete the activesync connection to your workstation. This will take a minute and will delete all of your data from your phone, thats why Step 1 is to sync to your pc.
4) Now you should be at a blank activesync.
5) Plug it into your PC with usb cable.
6) When you go through the initial setup, your PC will ask you if you want to sync using Exchange Server... SAY NO or select the drop-down boxes under each item (calendar, email, tasks, etc) to make them say "This Computer" instead of "Exchange Server". Uncheck the items that you dont want sync'd.
7) After a successful sync, now your desktop pc will be sync'd with your TP using Outlook only for those items that you checked.
8) For the items that you didnt checkmark, you should checkmark those under your Exchange Server Source in your TP's activesync

bndfishing 12-13-2008 01:54 PM

During which step should I reset up the exchange server on the TP?

bndfishing 12-13-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramborami (Post 576011)
6) When you go through the initial setup, your PC will ask you if you want to sync using Exchange Server... SAY NO or select the drop-down boxes under each item (calendar, email, tasks, etc) to make them say "This Computer" instead of "Exchange Server". Uncheck the items that you dont want sync'd.

I never get this option. I am using Activesync 4.5. I have done it both with the exchange server being setup on TP during the initial connection and without.

What version of Activesync are you using?

ramborami 12-15-2008 03:51 PM

I get this option when I sync with my work pc, it has Outlook 2003 connected to the local exchange server.