PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ever have your phone in your pocket and.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48486)

ou2mame 12-10-2008 03:30 PM

ever have your phone in your pocket and....

and... it somehow turned on and opened tomtom, searched for a local police department and called them? touchlockpro kinda sucks a lot and s2u2 crashes my phone more than wm normally does... so yeah, thanks htc for making a phone without a real locking program. my police department is pleased.

meccadon123 12-10-2008 03:41 PM

Re: ever have your phone in your pocket and....

The only thing funnier would have been if you were a bank robber plotting a job with your partners in crime and the police were listening from your pocket.

Scrotum 12-10-2008 03:47 PM

I've had plenty of bad calls made with my phone, especially when working, but never anything like that. Hopefully you werent doing anything you could regret later.

SporkLover 12-10-2008 03:56 PM

I had that issue too. I use Throttle Lock now.

dole 12-10-2008 04:02 PM

I had an Instinct... went to look up the phone number for the local police department and the Instinct browser hotlinks phone numbers so you can click and dial it. I think the browser crashed when I clicked on it, and the browser was defaulted to go to the last page opened, so when firing up the browser, it'd go to a white screen and start dialing that number... Happened about 4-5 times before I realized why it was doing that. :/ My TP also autodials the police department but for domestic abuse because I've been beating on it so much.

My worst instance though was when my phone (the Instinct) rang in my pocket during a therapy session, I thought I hit one of the hard volume keys to silence it. About 45 minutes later when I got back to work, I discover my ex-wife was still on the line and had been the entire time. She had fun with that. ](*,)

patho 12-10-2008 04:03 PM

i tried every locking program i can find.. i ended up using the built in lock with the hack to stop the device from waking up when the keyboard slides out.

i use aebuttons to remap double tap of the phone button to lock.. works great!

basilray 12-10-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ou2mame (Post 570553)
and... it somehow turned on and opened tomtom, searched for a local police department and called them? touchlockpro kinda sucks a lot and s2u2 crashes my phone more than wm normally does... so yeah, thanks htc for making a phone without a real locking program. my police department is pleased.

Have you looked at any of the S2u2 threads here? Other users have had problems with it, but overall it seems to work pretty well. I had issues w/ 1.35 but rolled back to 1.33 and couldn't be happier with it.

EDIT: Sorry - didn't mean to sound condescending about it. Was just curious if you had gone through any of the tips/tricks out there and were still having trouble.

Lat 12-10-2008 05:42 PM

touchlockpro is working great for me, personally

dennis5280 12-10-2008 06:02 PM

PockethShield works great for me http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/

ou2mame 12-10-2008 06:16 PM

my problem with touchlockpro is that it takes forever to actually get it to unlock, and its more annoying than anything else. pocketshield isn't free (i don't think), and s2u2 would be great if it worked, i've tried every setting, and it still crashes from time to time, which is very annoying. i had to get rid of it because i was waiting for my dad to get a heart transplant, and the phone was constantly crashed when i'd wake up, and i didn't know for how long it was crashed, or what had happened while it was crashed. now i look at my phone constantly to make sure its not doing something i don't want it to do... so either way, every few minutes i'm checking my phone..