PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Visual Voicemail

I have this visual voicemail program installed on my phone and it works the exact same way as the instincts visual voicemail program works, and best of all its free. Instead of me explaining everthing twice follow this link as we have already discussed this at sprintusers.com I personally have this installed on my phone and it works flawlessly, i can 100% gurantee i won't be going back to regular voicemail. The thread is only 4 pages long, page 4 explains everything you have to do, enjoy.

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=178382

Last edited by CozBoogie; 12-11-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: misleading title
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chetlet is a n00b
Re: Visual Voicemail from Sprint is here and Free!

How is this from Sprint? I have been reading about this for about a week, and compared to the VVM on the Instinct, which I had, this is really lacking. PhoneFusion recommends installing to storage card (via the manual) because the vvm files you download and listen to may end up taking up a bunch of space, but users seem to have better luck installing to device so it wakes up rather than having to be active all the time. Also, messages only play back on speaker phone? Soudns like only numbers, not names, are showing up consistently? Timestamp is in eastern standard time, not location of your phone? Another hacked up, half-***** app to screw up my phone, no thanks.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: ICE

pezx44 is just getting started

I used Callwave on my Mogul for some time. It emails you a mp3 of your voicemail for free and you can have it send a transcription for a fee. The catch is that Sprint now charges even for conditional call forwarding. Unless they've changed in the last month, you will get a charge on your next bill for $.20 per minute of voicemail (usually per call since voicemails usually keep it under a minute). Other carriers will not charge for this call forwarding service. Sprint does. I just want to give people a heads up before they get charges they do not expect.
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Im lazy. Too many steps.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

r1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good workr1_rydah is keeping up the good work

pass... calling sprint for any changes, no matter how small ALWAYS results in 2-3 months of screwed up bills, and 1.5 hrs of wasted time talking to clueless csr's... just my 2¢
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1_rydah View Post
pass... calling sprint for any changes, no matter how small ALWAYS results in 2-3 months of screwed up bills, and 1.5 hrs of wasted time talking to clueless csr's... just my 2¢
Lol so so so true!

Old 12-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: photon 4g, galaxy s3

genn28 is a n00b
Talking Re: Visual Voicemail from Sprint is here and Free!

I use gotvoice.com, it gets your voicemail for you, no call forwarding charges. Stores them on their server, you can have them email you with the voicemail if you want. I've been using them for years & yes, it's free
Old 12-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

http://www.gotvoice.com/products.php

where is it free, i see 3 paid plans
Old 12-10-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started

Read just about every post on that thread. This app would work for me if you didn't have to listen to your voicemails on speaker. Would be okay at home or on the road, but not at work.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Lately I've noticed several threads like this on PPC Geeks. I end up reading them only to find out there are all these caveat's. It will be nice when there is a VVM that works exactly like the thread title reads.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro