PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   None of my buttons work (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48439)

HTCFord 12-10-2008 10:50 AM

None of my buttons work

I have a raised Home button. When the phone is off I have a habit of pressing it down so that it lines up with my screen.

I did this the other day. Now none of my buttons on the front of the phone work. I may have bricked this thing and need to have it replaced.

Am I missing something like a setting? I looked at button settings but didn't see anything.

Anyone hear of such a thing?

HTCFord

blazinazn 12-10-2008 10:54 AM

Re: None of my buttons work

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCFord (Post 569992)
I have a raised Home button. When the phone is off I have a habit of pressing it down so that it lines up with my screen.

I did this the other day. Now none of my buttons on the front of the phone work. I may have bricked this thing and need to have it replaced.

Am I missing something like a setting? I looked at button settings but didn't see anything.

Anyone hear of such a thing?

HTCFord

Have you tried doing a soft reset? This doesn't sound right, if you are still within the 30 days of purchase, I would exchange it for a new one.

HTCFord 12-10-2008 11:04 AM

Yes I have done a few soft resets. I was thinking I would do a hard reset as a last resort. I am not within 30 days of purchase but I do have the equipment protection plan.

blazinazn 12-10-2008 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCFord (Post 570014)
Yes I have done a few soft resets. I was thinking I would do a hard reset as a last resort. I am not within 30 days of purchase but I do have the equipment protection plan.

I'd give a hard reset a shot and if that doesn't work then take it back. You may be able to get a new phone without having to pay the deductible if it's a known issue...

Good luck.

ginkilla 12-10-2008 12:03 PM

When I installed Remote Desktop my buttons stopped working, if you have that installed, try removing it...

HTCFord 12-12-2008 12:16 PM

I can't do a hard reset because the Enter button doesn't work. I took it into sprint and they ordered a replacement. Now I just have to figure out how to clear all of my information off this thing without a hard reset

blazinazn 12-12-2008 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCFord (Post 574271)
I can't do a hard reset because the Enter button doesn't work. I took it into sprint and they ordered a replacement. Now I just have to figure out how to clear all of my information off this thing without a hard reset

Assuming the touch screen still works, you can do a hard reset by doing the following:

Start > Settings > System Tab > Clear Storage