PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 02:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data transfer with Sprite

I have a 6800 and hopefully will be getting a TP soon, what I would like to know is it possible to transfer the Sprite transfer files from the 6800 to the TP

didn't find what I was looking for in the search, so please point me to the correct area if already covered

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 12-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Data transfer with Sprite

Perhaps the contacts, but I'm not too sure. I would back-up what I could to the storage card. But there may be more to this story....
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Data transfer with Sprite

There is always more to the story....lol, both Sprite and Spb claim you can do restore across Roms, or with the option of Rom upgrade, however my experience isnt quiet supportive of that statement. What I did was first a hard reset on the new TP, then I dropped my "pim.vol" file that I had copied from the Mogul onto the TP and that took care of contacts,then I installed one cab at the time. That is where the fun is....Periodically I do a back up with SPB....My point is dont do a restore except for just contacts like lyle said, or just snatch the pim file. Install cabs after and learn the behavior of the TP as you go.

Note that some program that I had on the SD card ran just fine on the TP like WIMOWIFIROUTER and many others but I elected to move all of them to the TP memory since there is enough space for that

Last edited by HBOOT; 12-12-2008 at 12:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro