PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (CDMA Raphael)

FuzzyLabRat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Touch Pro and Windows Live: GPS?

My stock Sprint Touch Pro never finds my GPS with Windows Live Maps/Services... I utilize the GPS with Sprint Navigator without much incident, but would like to use Windows Live as well; it simply never locates the GPS (if that makes sense)

Believe this may also apply to AT&T Fuze??
Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Touch Pro and Windows Live: GPS?

Make sure the COM Ports are set up on the same path for both software and the hardware... For the Hardware, go to Start - - -> Settings - - -> System - - -> External GPS... I usally set this to COM 4...

For Live Maps... Go to Menu - - -> Settings and set to COM 4... This is what works for me... Hopefully this works for you too!
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

69L46 is just getting started

I had no problems with live search and gps on my stock sprint touch pro. I didn't change any setting.

If you have the Holux gps viewer (comes w/Holux BT gps receivers) you can ask it to scan com ports for a gps.

My external gps settings are com4 for the program port, none for hardware port, and on the access tab i have the checkbox for windows managing access automatically checked.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Ditto for me...I use Sprint Navigation and Windows Live GPS without any modifications to the stock settings...Windows Live is really sleek for GPS...much better than Google maps in my opinion, and the search algorithm is also much better...finds new restaurants/bars, etc, where Google has old information...

There's no way to get Windows Live GPS to talk is there?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Same here for me as well, right out the box windows live worked perfect for me as well

Old 12-10-2008, 11:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
Same here for me as well, right out the box windows live worked perfect for me as well

The windows live that is in the stock rom is already pre configured. When you download windows live, it is not set to the correct GPS driver/com for our phones. There are two options you can choose for the driver/com. The one BigDiesel suggested which is com 4. That is correct for the Touch Pro. The other option you can select is GPS Intermediate Driver. Both will work.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

got the same problem right now with the new google maps cant get GPS up and going any ideas?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM
N00b

bobby143 is a n00b

i have same problem. i have com 4 in setting some time it work some time it dose not. i have clear sky signal.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

try signing in to SPRINT NAVI first worked for me
Old 12-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Lurker

dnode is a n00b

I recently bought the Fuze and had been dealing with the slow GPS lock-ons, programs like Google Maps and Live Search not being able to initialize it, etc. What I have found is that the default setting of COM4 is causing these problems for me.

Changing the COM port in the External GPS setting fixed my issue. I'm using COM9 now and it is definitely faster, but I always have to use GPS Test to get the GPS running before using Google Maps or Live Search. But it's better than it not working at all, so here's what I had to do:

1. Start with COM1.

2. Get the GPS Test program, set the GPS setting to AUTO detect which COM port your GPS is using and let it find it.
a. If it finds it, it will initialize and start looking for satellites. Time it to see how fast it takes to get the GPS fully running with 8 satellites.
b. If it can initialize the GPS but takes a really long time to lock-on to 8 satellites, try another COM port. Make sure you reset the GPS setting in GPS Test program back to AUTO, exit then start again.
c. If it skipped over the COM port you assigned, exit, change the COM port and start again.

HTH

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro