PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ekeown is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Phone automatically redialing

I've search the forum and haven't found anything on this issue; I hope someone can help me resolve this. I've only experienced the issue when I have the dongle/usb breakout box attached with 3.5mm headphones plugged in (later I want to try to recreate the problem while charging and syncing the phone).

Without actually touching any buttons on the phone or the phone itself, the phone with redial the last person I’ve called. It seems to occur if the phone, syncing/charging cable, headphone cable or dongle is moved, or bumped, but isn’t contained to a specific movement. There is no warning, the dialing screen just pops up and I quickly have to hit the end button to stop the call from connecting.

I also have a second issue that occurs under these same circumstances, which may or may not be related. Sometimes instead on redialing, the phone will beep and pop up a microphone icon along the task bar at the top of the screen. Sometimes this will be followed by a prompt to issues or re-issue a voice command, other times it will just beep again and go away without any prompting. I assumed this was Voice Command and I disabled it in Settings, but it still occurred. I just checked Voice Command again and it was Enabled, so either it didn’t take when I disabled it the first time, or it re-enabled itself when I plugged the dongle back it. For clarification, I have no microphone on my 3.5mm headphones.

Any clue on why this is happening?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: Phone automatically redialing

Sounds like those pesky Gremlins I keep warning people about have found their way to your phone.
May have to take back and swap for a new one....unless anybody knows of a way to perform a exorcism on it for you........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro