PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

Justin311 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MAJOR bluetooth noise/hiss ONLY when sync'd to Infiniti handsfree - suggestions?

I purchased a car with built in bluetooth handsfree (2007 infiniti g35x) and it HATES my TP. I can sync the infiniti system to my Sanyo or my Samsung flip phones no problem, excellent audio quality.

But when I sync the Infiniti to my TP the audio is so bad I can't even use it (elongated hissing sound and echos, tons of noise, etc). At first I thought I just got a bad "connection", so I have retried syncing and re-pairing multiple times. Same result.

I am able to sync my Motorola HS350 headset and my Logitech stereo headphones to the TP or the Sanyo without any issues. So I am confident I just don't have a "bad" bluetooth radio/chip/whatever in the TP. But it won't talk to my INFINITI, which is a MAJOR problem for me!

Obviously I cannot just get another CAR. But of course the infiniti dealer is just going to tell me that its the phone since I can sync with others no problem. And they're probably right.

Any help on things I can try??
Old 12-09-2008, 07:11 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: MAJOR bluetooth noise/hiss ONLY when sync'd to Infiniti handsfree - suggestions?

Joint stereo? Try the opposite of however its set now. Increase the bitpool and maxbitpool settings too. You can use one of those config apps

http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...tion-tool.html

That one is the one I use. Some of the raw registry keys are below, from XDA...
Improve BT A2DP sound quality:

[HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings]
Add new dword, Value name=BitPool; Value data=48 (Decimal)
Modify, Value name=UseJointStereo; Value data=0 (Decimal, Originally 1)

For BitPool:
Microsoft suggests the following bitpool values for optimal buffer sizes.
30 - Low audio quality
40 - Medium audio quality
48 - High audio quality
58 - Excellent audio quality
Chose one you like. I think 48 is good enough.

For UseJointStereo: use 0 instead of 1, then you got the real stereo.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: MAJOR bluetooth noise/hiss ONLY when sync'd to Infiniti handsfree - suggestions?

Thanks. I made those changes in the reg and I'll try it tomorrow. One question - I assume I need to change the "maxbitpool" to whatever I change "bitpool" to? (in this case 4

Thanks for your help!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Joint stereo? Try the opposite of however its set now. Increase the bitpool and maxbitpool settings too. You can use one of those config apps

http://www.touchxperience.com/en/adv...tion-tool.html

That one is the one I use. Some of the raw registry keys are below, from XDA...
Improve BT A2DP sound quality:

[HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Bluetooth/A2DP/Settings]
Add new dword, Value name=BitPool; Value data=48 (Decimal)
Modify, Value name=UseJointStereo; Value data=0 (Decimal, Originally 1)

For BitPool:
Microsoft suggests the following bitpool values for optimal buffer sizes.
30 - Low audio quality
40 - Medium audio quality
48 - High audio quality
58 - Excellent audio quality
Chose one you like. I think 48 is good enough.

For UseJointStereo: use 0 instead of 1, then you got the real stereo.
I tried all of your suggestions, even went up to 58 on bitpool...no luck. It stil "warbles", like when I'm calling out each ringtone has a "high and a low" tone so it sounds like its going "in and out". Hard to explain, but the best description is "garbled".

I had another infiniti owner PM me and tell me they had the same problem! Its something about infiniti's bluetooth and the TP bluetooth. I've tried it with at LEAST 6 OTHER handsets and it works fine, so its not that infiniti gave us a crappy bluetooth.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I'm NOT the only one!! There are multiple people out there with this problem:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...-b2b542e9d7b4/

Anybody else besides bob on this board? Is there anybody that can help us?

Last edited by Justin311; 02-09-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Found the "workaround" on xda, but its clumsy. It works (I was able to use my BT for the first time last night), until microsoft (who's ulitmately at fault here, from my research) or Infiniti (yeah right) gives us a patch - or if one of you ROM geniuses could fix it we'd be ultra grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbonacci
THE FIX! (well workaround).
First let me say that I did not come up with this method of getting around the “Nissan/Infiniti – HTC – WM6 bluetooth” problem, but I feel I have come up with a way (at least for my car) that makes it tolerable. You do not have to touch the phone (which is one of the main advantages of Bluetooth).
I have a 2008 Altima Coupe with the Nav system and an AT&T Tilt (8925) running WM6. I have the same problem listed here, choppy bad sound from person on other end, and they can not hear me at all.
The fix (as pointed out by others in these forums) is to allow the connection to be made via the car Bluetooth, then switch back to the handset (phone), and then switch back to the car and it works great at that point. THANK YOU by the way to whoever came up with that!!!! On to my contribution; I don’t know what the controls are like in other Nissan or Infinti cars, so you may or may not be able to use this.

INCOMING CALL: Answer the call by pressing the button on the steering wheel marked with a phone receiver (bottom left in my car). At this point the caller will not be able to hear you, so time is of the essence. Then you press the ENTER button on the wheel down (not in). This changes the menu selection on the screen from the default (Hangup) to Headset. Now press the ENTER button on the wheel IN. This switches to your cell phone, so depending on the location of your phone, you may be able to tell the caller to hold on and they will hear you thru the phone’s mic. The next part requires timing. Press the button on the wheel that has the phone receiver icon again, BUT if you do it too quickly, it will hang up. What I have found is that if you wait for the screen to change from the phone menu back to whatever you had it on before (usually takes 1 to 2 secs) that will insure that it will work. Now you will be on with the caller thru the car’s sound system, with proper sound in both directions.
OUTGOING CALL: Make the call however you would normally, once the other person answers, follow all the steps above without the first part where you answer the phone.

I know it’s a long explanation, but it is only 3 extra button pushes from the way it should work. You should find after a while that it becomes second nature.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro