PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Omg Omg Omg O-m-effin'-g - Start Menu Colors

Is anyone having a problem with their Start Menu not keeping it's colors in sync with the current loaded theme? My start menu continuously gets a gray gradient going from dark at the top to light at the bottom. I would have never even noticed it except my start menu text is white so I can see anything at the bottom of the menu.

Last edited by mdphoenix; 12-10-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

str8bucs is just getting started
Re: Omg Omg Omg O-m-effin'-g

yep i got the same problem...... any fixes?
Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

At least I'm not alone. No one else?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Iphone
Carrier: Verizon

bennysangel is keeping up the good workbennysangel is keeping up the good work
Re: Omg Omg Omg O-m-effin'-g - Start Menu Colors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdphoenix View Post
Is anyone having a problem with their Start Menu not keeping it's colors in sync with the current loaded theme? My start menu continuously gets a gray gradient going from dark at the top to light at the bottom. I would have never even noticed it except my start menu text is white so I can see anything at the bottom of the menu.
That was one of my many problems I had with my phone. It wouldn't even allow me to use the themes in SPB Mobile shell without mixing all the colors up even after I did an uninstall. I took my TP back yesterday and swapped it out. I like the phone just too many issues.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8bucs View Post
yep i got the same problem...... any fixes?

str8bucs, do you have WkTask installed?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:29 PM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG
Carrier: Sprint

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

try uitweaker, cant remember what exact color you have to change but you can do it with that program. its free and attached below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip UI_Tweaker.zip (80.3 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks. I'll give it a shot. But what I don't understand is why it does this on just about any .tsk I use. No matter what color I use, I'll get a random color background on the start menu. Right now, I have the WM6 Black, but my start menu is a blue gradient.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work

I'm ready to pull my hair out. I've tried about 20 different themes and NONE change this color. Black text on a grey background is impossible to read !

How do you change the Start Menu Text to a different color? I've already tried editing the TSK file. I've already tried UI Tweaker and nothing works. Changing themes with TF3D Config didn't help. Installing full themes from CAB files doesn't help.

In the past 24 hours, I've reset my device about a hundred times after making these adjustments.

If someone knows EXACTLY what to change in UI Tweaker, please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black-on-grey.jpg (199.5 KB, 128 views) Click for barcode!

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 12-26-2008, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I may be wrong but I don't think UI Tweaker will work if you are in TF3D. I am having a simular issue with trying to change the highlight color in the start menu. If you turn off TF3D you will see all the changes that you are making with UI Tweaker but once TF3D comes back on it all goes away. I've looked at XDA and posted in other threads without success. Hopefully someone out there knows the manila file that edits this and know how to do it. Of coarse I may be completely wrong.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 12-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
I may be wrong but I don't think UI Tweaker will work if you are in TF3D. I am having a simular issue with trying to change the highlight color in the start menu. If you turn off TF3D you will see all the changes that you are making with UI Tweaker but once TF3D comes back on it all goes away. I've looked at XDA and posted in other threads without success. Hopefully someone out there knows the manila file that edits this and know how to do it. Of coarse I may be completely wrong.
You are correct about UI Tweaker.
It will not change the TouchFlow 3D start color.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro