PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Activtation Problem with Custom ROM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48346)

Zero_Shadow 12-09-2008 03:43 PM

Sprint Activtation Problem with Custom ROM

Hello All,

I just got my new TP on Friday well before I activated it I loaded a custom rom onto the phone well it turns out when I just tried to activate it using the ESN swap online option but the phone would not activate. Is there something I need to do differently or do I need to flash the Stock Rom and do it all over again?

TIA

cforster 12-09-2008 03:49 PM

Re: Sprint Activtation Problem with Custom ROM

In my experience the online activation is flaky. I have used it and it worked fine, have tried and still had to call.

If you call sprint they should be able to straiten you out. They did me.

aceracer24 12-09-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cforster (Post 568624)
If you call sprint they should be able to straiten you out. They did me.

That said, you should probably have the stock Sprint rom flashed because there are applications in the stock rom that they may ask you to try and you won't find those apps in the custom roms.

kaoss_11 12-09-2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 568628)
That said, you should probably have the stock Sprint rom flahsed because there are applications in the stock rom that they may ask you to try and you won't find those apps in the custom roms.

basicaly put

losplatanos 12-09-2008 04:15 PM

yes put stock first activate then go to custum, that happen witha mogul i had, couldt ativated it had to put stock first and it worked.

Unknown Zone 12-09-2008 04:32 PM

agree reinstall stock rom and activate to avoid any issues,

Its like taking your car for an inspection sticker, you need to return it to stock if any mods were made that might fail the inspection as in reinstalling the catalytic converter, then after you get the sticker, you can remove the converter make all the mods you want and regain the horsepower. 8)

Zero_Shadow 12-09-2008 04:38 PM

Yeah I figured as much does it matter which one I used there are two in the stock thread there's one for Dumped and one for Shipped does it matter which one I use?

aceracer24 12-09-2008 04:41 PM

It should not matter for this. Either one will have the applications that you might need. The shipped rom will flash your radio back to stock though if you have changed it.

Unknown Zone 12-09-2008 04:41 PM

since you unlock and uploaded a custom rom....i would just go with the "dumped" it is a RUU file so it should be a piece of cake.

Zero_Shadow 12-09-2008 04:42 PM

Ok thanks I'll give it a shot and then post back thanks everyone for your quick replies.