PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131
App to Auto Open/Close other Apps

Ok, this might be a kind of wierd request but does anyone know of an app (or any other method) to automatically open and close other apps at set time intervals?

The reason I am requesting such a seamingly needless application is as follows; I have set my TP up to use my office's exchange server which is great! I love all of the over the air synching, but it REQUIRES that i use a pin code and lock the device and the largest time inteval that it allows is 15 mins. Again, it REQUIRES that I lock it so I cant just turn off the lock option as long as I'm using it. I also thought of synching and cancelling the partnership but I have yet to figure out how to do this because everytime I try it removes all of my synched data.

So... I'd like a program that would automatically, say every 10mins or so (any time more frequent than 15mins), open and then close some app that has minimal memory/battery drain such as the calculator. This way the phone will never go idle for 15mins and lock and I can still use the exchange server from work. Then if I want to lock it i just disable the app. Any one know of such a program or better yet think they could make one. Seems fairly simple but then again I know nothing about writing programs. Am I the only one who has this issue and is annoyed by it?

The biggest problem aside from just general inconvience is that it makes it hard to use certain alarm apps because the stupid phone locks while your sleep, so you have to unlock the phone to access the alarm features. Not too good while drunk either lol.

Sorry for the extra long rant.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

RChris173 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: App to Auto Open/Close other Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
Ok, this might be a kind of wierd request but does anyone know of an app (or any other method) to automatically open and close other apps at set time intervals?

The reason I am requesting such a seamingly needless application is as follows; I have set my TP up to use my office's exchange server which is great! I love all of the over the air synching, but it REQUIRES that i use a pin code and lock the device and the largest time inteval that it allows is 15 mins. Again, it REQUIRES that I lock it so I cant just turn off the lock option as long as I'm using it. I also thought of synching and cancelling the partnership but I have yet to figure out how to do this because everytime I try it removes all of my synched data.

So... I'd like a program that would automatically, say every 10mins or so (any time more frequent than 15mins), open and then close some app that has minimal memory/battery drain such as the calculator. This way the phone will never go idle for 15mins and lock and I can still use the exchange server from work. Then if I want to lock it i just disable the app. Any one know of such a program or better yet think they could make one. Seems fairly simple but then again I know nothing about writing programs. Am I the only one who has this issue and is annoyed by it?

The biggest problem aside from just general inconvience is that it makes it hard to use certain alarm apps because the stupid phone locks while your sleep, so you have to unlock the phone to access the alarm features. Not too good while drunk either lol.

Sorry for the extra long rant.
I would also be interested in this because of my exchange PIN requirement and for the same reasons you need it.

If anyone comes up with any ways to get around this PIN lockout thing let us know.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro