PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero 2.1 Sense
Carrier: Sprint

mellospace is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to keep e-mail on the server

Hi, need some help with touch pro e-mail settings. I want to keep a copy of the e-mail on the server (gmail). I have set it up on gmail settings to keep a copy if accessed through POP. But on the touch pro, the only option I have if I delete a message is to "send to server trash" or "delete off server". Isn't there an option where I can keep the email on the server because after I delete the email from my phone and check my email online, the messages are on gmail "deleted messages" label (this label, I guess, was automatically created, not by me), it's not on trash, but it's not on my inbox which is where I want to see it. Any help highly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work
Re: How to keep e-mail on the server

You may find imap is a better option than pop.

But, if you use POP, make sure the POP settings on gmail is : When messages are accessed with POP "Keep copy on server."
Old 12-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mellospace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post

But, if you use POP, make sure the POP settings on gmail is : When messages are accessed with POP "Keep copy on server."
I have the settings on gmail like that. But still, before on my other phone I there was the option to keep email on server, now there is none. I guess this might be the reason why this is happening. Only options on the phone are "send to trash" or "delete off server".
Old 12-09-2008, 04:43 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did you check the get settings from internet?? because there should be an option under advance server or something like that to keep on server when setting up on the TP

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

I use imap for my gmail on my touch. I can check my mail from my phone and they mail is still there and then downloads to outlook when I get home on my laptop. Or check it via web the messages are still in the inbox.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mellospace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
did you check the get settings from internet?? because there should be an option under advance server or something like that to keep on server when setting up on the TP
what do you mean by get settings from internet? This is in advance setting in the Touch Pro Mail Options...this is where it is supposed to be if that is what you are talking about, if not please explain. In my advance setting for e-mail and what to do to the e-mail in the server after deleting on phone it only says "Move them to server trash" and "delete them off the server"

This is the path where I check to change the options
Mail-->Menu-->Account--->Options--->Send/Receive Schedule-->Advanced Settings--->When deleting messages:

the only options I get are the 2 listed above, I know for the mogul there is an option to keep mail in server or something similar. Not in here, and now even though on the server I have it set up to keep mail in inbox when used via POP, it still sends the mail to a "deleted messages" folder and disappear from my inbox and I have to put it back in the inbox if I want for it to be there.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

when setting the email account up on the phone did you see a screen like this?, if not you have to get to this screen on the phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scr-091216273000.jpg (10.1 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mellospace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post

Ok, I just deleted my accounts(2) and set it up with imap...i hope this problem doesn't happen now. But I still see only those 2 options on the phone. I just sent myself a test email and deleted it from the phone, I'll see what happens on my gmail acct. What's the difference anyways between POP and IMAP? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mellospace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellospace View Post
Ok, I just deleted my accounts(2) and set it up with imap...i hope this problem doesn't happen now. But I still see only those 2 options on the phone. I just sent myself a test email and deleted it from the phone, I'll see what happens on my gmail acct. What's the difference anyways between POP and IMAP? Thanks.
Ok, appears that nothing changes on my gmail account online when I delete from phone now...good. thanks a lot for all your help.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mellospace is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellospace View Post
Ok, appears that nothing changes on my gmail account online when I delete from phone now...good. thanks a lot for all your help.
Well, I just check and it appears that it is still deleting the items on my gmail acct. I would like to know how can I set this up so that when I delete the items from my phone, there will still be a copy on my gmail account. I used to do this before. Don't know how I can do it on this phone. Thanks. I'm using IMAP now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro