PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro

benitojuarez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flash themes and Touchflo 3d

I have a sprint touch pro and I have netwasps flash themes installed.
http://www.netwasp.com/

it lets you use animated backgrounds for your homescreen. It doesnt seem to be compatible with touch flow 3d though. It would be totally awesome to have the clear flip clock AND an animated background. Currently I have to choose one or the other though. Is anyone aware of a way to make these two plugins work in conjunction with each other?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Threadstarter

benitojuarez is a n00b
Re: Flash themes and Touchflo 3d

So did i ask something real stupid or nobody is interested in an animated background in tf3d?
Old 12-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

jc1125 is a n00b

I'm interested. Do you have anything you can post? I just joined this board last week. Thanks for sharing this with the community.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Angry Re: Flash themes and Touchflo 3d

No its not a stupid question. I was wondering the same thing but it seems that people on this sight are too busy b*tc!ng about stupid things than to try to make there phones better. Im still kind of new or I would help you.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i am also interested in something like this.... but i cant figure it out. i think if i could get a clear background for tf3d so i can see my original today screen bhind it... it might work for this too. but when i try to make a transparent file it comes out white or black in tf3d.... if i can get this to work (or anybody else) i will post here and that way you can see your animated today (hypothetically) through the clear background of tf3d.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

I am interested as well on this. Everyone here is new to the phone ( at least most of us) including myself so its better to have people ask questions that would look stupid to the l33ts but not us so feel free to ask anything. I wish i knew how to program/edit manilla (TF3D program) files.

TK

Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertk8 View Post
I am interested as well on this. Everyone here is new to the phone ( at least most of us) including myself so its better to have people ask questions that would look stupid to the l33ts but not us so feel free to ask anything. I wish i knew how to program/edit manilla (TF3D program) files.

TK
I'm fairly new around here myself. I've found this forum and members to be extremely helpful.

I would read up on a tutorial that GoodThigs2Life wrote:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44689

There is a lot of good stuff there on editing manila. Also there is this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...41350&page=111

People post their home screens, most of the time if you ask them about their home screen they'd be willing to help you out and point you in the right direction.

Manila is somewhat complicated but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. If you have any questions after reading that tutorial, don't hesitate to ask for help.

To the OP, sorry I can't help either, hopefully someone around here can assist.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Thanks for providing the info Blazin.

I will look into it as soon as i get a chance.

TK
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work

Until they come out with an actual manila editor, it is going to be rather extensive to edit.

I am working on a few different touchflo 3d themes and to be honest, once these are finished (will still be a bit) I doubt I will do anymore until something more user friendly comes out.

As it is, its not hard, its just you have to do ALOT of file micro-management to even do basic changes in manilla. GoodThings2Life is SO very right when he said that its so much that he will not be doing it again.

I have considered holding off on finishing the themes until an editor comes out, simply because I am just REALLY tired of copying files, editing, replacing, verifying, diabling TF3d, copying files to device, softbooting, then reenabling touchflo, all just to to see if the change I made was useable or not.

All that is per change because something you think would be nice and easily accomplished will mess up touchflo REALLY bad. lol
Old 12-10-2008, 01:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Delmar View Post
Until they come out with an actual manila editor, it is going to be rather extensive to edit.

I am working on a few different touchflo 3d themes and to be honest, once these are finished (will still be a bit) I doubt I will do anymore until something more user friendly comes out.

As it is, its not hard, its just you have to do ALOT of file micro-management to even do basic changes in manilla. GoodThings2Life is SO very right when he said that its so much that he will not be doing it again.

I have considered holding off on finishing the themes until an editor comes out, simply because I am just REALLY tired of copying files, editing, replacing, verifying, diabling TF3d, copying files to device, softbooting, then reenabling touchflo, all just to to see if the change I made was useable or not.

All that is per change because something you think would be nice and easily accomplished will mess up touchflo REALLY bad. lol
I've messed around with it just a tad making some minor changes and what not. It took me forever just to figure out how to change the icons in landscape mode.

Talk about a pain in the butt!! I couldn't imagine making full fledged themes/icons for portrait and landscape mode and getting it all to work correctly.

I think I'll just leave it be for now also, Surely someone will come up with a program to be able to edit manilla easily.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro