PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the most efficient today plugin?

I love the phone, as mentioned earlier, but I'm missing (I had a Centro previously) all the various hardware buttons I had access to that made navigating the phone easy. Is this just something that takes time. I'm finding SPB to be pretty good, but I was curious if there was another shell I should consider so that I can get at my contacts, calendar, text messaging and see battery, etc. more efficiently. Or maybe it's just learning to navigate around WM better in general. I just keep finding I'm using my finger more than I want to which is causing my index finger to hurt and thus I'm going back to the stylus.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

DSGamer is just getting started
Re: What's the most efficient today plugin?

Or maybe I need to up the sensitivity. Is that possible? I think that's part of it. I might be pressing too hard because the screen isn't as responsive as the capacitive screen on the G1.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:27 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
Or maybe I need to up the sensitivity. Is that possible? I think that's part of it. I might be pressing too hard because the screen isn't as responsive as the capacitive screen on the G1.
theres a finger sensitivity edit on first post of this thread. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730 im using it.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
...but I'm missing all the various hardware buttons I had access to that made navigating the phone easy.

....... I should consider so that I can get at my contacts, calendar, text messaging and see battery, etc. more efficiently.
Try an app like aebutton plus that lets you map your TP's hardware buttons to the apps you use the most. For example, double tap the green phone button (bottom left phone button on your TP) to bring up your contacts. There is a great thread about that app and others HERE. It should be just what you're looking for
Old 12-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

htc home vga, mobile shell, throttle launcher, ultimate launch, ifonz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro