PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Update Options & Issues

Ok, we seems to have too many pages and opinions on Opera upgrade options. I've been trying to read everything here and in XDA but with little help. We seem to have three options (well... 4 counting doing nothing):

1 - Leave it alone (I was on 2316 and it was working at about 95%). Not bad but wanted more.
2 - Update to an official release that will replace the stock program. I used 2649 to do this but having problems with it. Looks are good but it hangs a lot. No longer happy with Opera if I stay with this.
3 - Upgrade to something that winds up installing a second copy of the program on your phone. I did this too with the site version of 2723. Opera said it was latest stable version. Also there are many newer versions out there i.e. 2745 and 2808 and others. Caution with these is that they cannot be uninstalled. That's fine if they work well and/or can be upgraded to newer versions as they are released.
4 - Use something else. No for me. I liked the way 2316 worked on this phone. I tried it before on my Mogul but it seemed to be too buggy then. I have IE on my phone too but always use Opera now.

So.... any advise that you might have to upgrade Opera will be greatly appreciated. If it is not a perfect upgrade please state the negative issues with the recommendation. Be blunt... like runs fast but crashes.

Ok - to recap... my Sprint tp came with 2316 (phone built date 10/20) but I want something better if there is something better and without F'ing up our phones.

tsp
Sprint tp w/ stock ROM but a lot of reg edits and a lot of apps.

Last edited by tsperez; 12-08-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Opera Update Options & Issues

op, can you please use normal size letters? i would love to try to help you, but that print is insane. can you read that question with no problems? maybe its just me. im not trying to be mean, i cant read it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

I think I screwed up the font and the size by using the tab and return without looking. Sorry about that. I changed the size but I wasn't sure of the font.

Sorry about that...

tsp
PS: I just saw the font on this reply... Verdana. Will correct that if I can.

Last edited by tsperez; 12-08-2008 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Font changed on op
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

theres more than one tread on pro/ opera. im stock on sprint and love my opera. no issues. i only changed where cache is stored for better mem. its now stored on internal instead of windows. that was a big plus for me on my pro and diamond.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
theres more than one tread on pro/ opera. im stock on sprint and love my opera. no issues. i only changed where cache is stored for better mem. its now stored on internal instead of windows. that was a big plus for me on my pro and diamond.
What do you mean internal instead of windows?

I haven't changed anything on settings yet. I'm still trying to settle down on a version first before I fine tune it. Also since we have so much memory available on these phones, what's a recommended value for cache?

Thanks,
tsp

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro