PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

SurfDan5 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
D-Pad useless? What does this button do?

Is this button useless? Can someone tell me what it does? I haven't found any uses for it yet.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor
Re: D-Pad useless? What does this button do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
Is this button useless? Can someone tell me what it does? I haven't found any uses for it yet.
You don't make any sense, which button are you talking about? The center button, up d-pad, etc???
Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

a lot.
-mark
Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

You cannot be serious, ZOOMING in opera..........scrrolling using diamond tweak, and more! Learn to use your phone man.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

it's to do things manually for those that don't like using the touch screen. it's also essential for things like games...

or maybe he doesn't know how to work left/right/up/down? cause then it really would be useless.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDan5 View Post
You haven't found a use for it? I guess you haven't used Opera, HTC album, at countless other Apps that make good use of it.

What phone did you come from? It may that you are just not used to WMo phones yet. All of them have some sort of D-pad. To me, the TP is by far my favorite and most useful D-pad.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

D-pad (center button) also auto focuses and snaps the pictures you take. Also can be used for an "OK" button!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Dpad does plenty. Its a capacitive button. It auto focuses, scrolls and zooms. I like it alot!
Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Pretty useful button. Can you explain what your issue is so we can better point you to what you're doing wrong?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro