PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone disconnect time

I'm sorry if this has been already addressed.

Is there a way to make the "Hang up"/disconnect button respond quicker? Whenever I talk on the phone, I turn the screen off so that I don't accidentally press the screen with my ear during the conversation. This keeps me from hanging up on the people I'm talking to or accidentally launching applications. Works great, but when I try to end the conversation, I have to hit the "Hang Up" button several times in order to get the phone to disconnect. (one time, it appeared that the conversation was over, but the connection was still live. I could talk to the person on the other end of the line and the OS was saying that the connection ended.) -Only happened once.

THANKS
Old 12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Phone disconnect time

I have heard some people mention a 5 sec delay sometimes when hanging up. I myself have not had this problem or I have just not noticed it. Are you on stock Sprint rom or are you using a custom rom?

Old 12-08-2008, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

johnnymac is just getting started

I'm on a custom ROM at the moment, but it takes the same amount of time to hang up as the Stock one did.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Lurker

Mrdzone is a n00b

I've got about a 5second delay when i hit the button but I just wait it out ... hit the end call button once and 4-5 seconds later it ends. I don't have to hit it multiple times. I have had the occasion of having the dialer say I was hung up but still have the connection open, luckily it was only on a call to an automated service and not with a buisness contact, but I would like to find out what caused it to make sure it doesn't happen again. I had to turn my phone off to close the connection. This was on a stock unlocked VZW phone (haven't had a chance to unlock it yet... Tonight Hopefully!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro