PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unlocked diamonds having blackouts, hopefully this doesn't happen to our Touch Pros

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/un...ortedly_g.html

Unlocked Diamonds reportedly going dark

"We’re lighting a candle today for owners of unlocked HTC Touch Diamonds. It seems that screens are going dark all over the place, and no one quite knows why, except that it isn’t a ROM issue. Gizmodo brings word from the XDA forums that a number of users are having problems, and there doesn’t appear to be a fix yet. Giz sums it up:
Worse, HTC's support system is broken as well. They're not able to fix the phones, and have been directing users to deal with carriers—which leaves people with unlocked phones effectively screwed.
That’s especially troublesome because not even the XDA wizards and all their ROM cookery have been able to track down/fix/bypass the problem. HTC, say it ain’t so. This needs to be fixed.
So what’s the word, Diamond users? Is it just unlocked phones having this problem? Anyone having trouble with their carrier-branded phones? Let us know in the comments."
Old 12-09-2008, 12:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Morter Forker is just getting started
Re: Unlocked diamonds having blackouts, hopefully this doesn't happen to our Touch Pr

I hope not.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

leetsauce is just getting started
Re: Unlocked diamonds having blackouts, hopefully this doesn't happen to our Touch Pr

When they say unlocked, do they mean carrier unlocked or SPL unlocked?
Old 12-09-2008, 04:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EPIC 4G
Carrier: sprint

m4zt3r is a n00b

I hope we don't see this on the TP!
Old 12-09-2008, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

themystx2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/un...ortedly_g.html

Unlocked Diamonds reportedly going dark

"We’re lighting a candle today for owners of unlocked HTC Touch Diamonds. It seems that screens are going dark all over the place, and no one quite knows why, except that it isn’t a ROM issue. Gizmodo brings word from the XDA forums that a number of users are having problems, and there doesn’t appear to be a fix yet. Giz sums it up:
Worse, HTC's support system is broken as well. They're not able to fix the phones, and have been directing users to deal with carriers—which leaves people with unlocked phones effectively screwed.
That’s especially troublesome because not even the XDA wizards and all their ROM cookery have been able to track down/fix/bypass the problem. HTC, say it ain’t so. This needs to be fixed.
So what’s the word, Diamond users? Is it just unlocked phones having this problem? Anyone having trouble with their carrier-branded phones? Let us know in the comments."
It's funny this is mentioned... my first Touch Pro went dark. I thought it was a hardware issue from a first-batch unit and didn't think much of it... now I have to think twice about keeping a custom ROM on this thing.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 12-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetsauce View Post
When they say unlocked, do they mean carrier unlocked or SPL unlocked?
I'm just guessing here, but since they asked if any one with carrier branded phones were having this problem, I'd say carrier unlocked.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 12-09-2008, 10:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache, 700wx, mogul, touch, touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sidwin is keeping up the good worksidwin is keeping up the good work

when i first got my phone i had the screen turn completely white twice. freaked me out. I've had my screen go black this morning but all i had to do is a softreset.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

This is odd. Are we suggesting foul play on HTC's part? (not allowing unlocked phones?) Maybe Apple will buy out HTC JUST to learn how they did it lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro