PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I'm really starting to love the Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48172)

DSGamer 12-08-2008 12:50 PM

I'm really starting to love the Touch Pro

I have to admit. Having a working phone with SPB installed where everything runs pretty fast, things are easy to get to via SPB, I really like the phone. The build and keyboard are better than the G1 and even the battery life isn't killing me right now. I'm syncing GMail every 30 minutes (it was either manual or sync all the time on the G1) and I've been on standby for two days now with a couple phone calls, text messages and a little web browsing. At about 70% right now.

It's quite a joy, though, to turn on the screen and see that resolution. And the phone holds so much better than the G1. About 2 inches smaller, so it's more comfortable. That's all it took, getting a phone that wasn't a lemon (knock on wood).

HBOOT 12-08-2008 01:34 PM

Re: I'm really starting to love the Touch Pro

It is about time man. I am glad all is well, any particular spb themes let's look at what you have , I posted some pix on another thread here...

cforster 12-08-2008 01:38 PM

Glad to have you on board with the TP. This really is a great phone. I'm glad to see someone posting some good comments. For a while there, seems like all I read was negative comments on this phone. I know it has a couple issues, mostly some questionable build quality and battery life. I'm super pleased with mine. (Did have to swap out 2 times in my first 30 days, but I'm a bit picky)

dhallman 12-08-2008 01:43 PM

I have only had mine for a couple days but I have to agree - this phone is better then my expectations. I am having trouble getting WM6 Internet Calling running on Telus - but I think this may be blocked?? Overall a great start.

lmv7777 12-08-2008 02:06 PM

with all the programs installed the touch pro does almost everything a computer does...
Logmein for remote access
Orb for streaming media
Palringo for PTT
Skyfire for webbrowsing
Barcorama for barcode scanning and price comparison
Dashwire for backup and picture sync
And finally sprint TV for tv. lolz.

all we need is a good P2P app

HamerPlyr 12-08-2008 02:08 PM

I've had mine since October 25th and I absolutely love it. A few little issues, but they are mainly matters of personal preference and not a defect with the design. I've corrected most of those things that I would've done differently, so it's hard to gripe.

cforster 12-08-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmv7777 (Post 566294)
with all the programs installed the touch pro does almost everything a computer does...
Logmein for remote access
Orb for streaming media
Palringo for PTT
Skyfire for webbrowsing
Barcorama for barcode scanning and price comparison
Dashwire for backup and picture sync
And finally sprint TV for tv. lolz.

all we need is a good P2P app

Heh, yeah I'm not sure how the carriers would respond to a p2p app taking up all their bandwidth.

freeza 12-08-2008 02:14 PM

p2p?

http://www.adisasta.com/wmTorrent.html
:)

lmv7777 12-08-2008 02:19 PM

close but i was reffering to some sort of a limewire. plus im never home and i cant find a .cab version of WMtorrent. anyone got one? and in response to p2p from carriers, idc. i pay to have data service so its none of my carriers business what i use that data for. i would gladly pay for the bandwidth i use because i know i use it. lol

just last month i used almost 2GB of usage without tethering at all :)

hubshee007 12-08-2008 06:47 PM

Hello all, my first post..I have seen using to Samsung A-900(Blade) for the longest time..Just switched to the touch pro..I am not a computer person nor do I know alot about computers..The first 2 days were excruciating...But Now, I love this Phone!!!!!!! After taking some time and getting used to it, it's totally awesome..I wish I could understand half things you guys so on these forums, but I'm learning and thoroughly enjoying the touch pro..Thanks to all the people of this forum for writing helpful hints..If there were onyl a section on this forum for computer dummies...