PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

vumpler is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Your favorite backup software for TP?

I remember someone posting that SPB's clone or backup utility was a good choice. My question is:

If I do a backup with SPB clone, when I apply a custom rom today and then restore with SPB clone, will it mess up the custom rom? When I say mess up I am referring to, slowing down the speed or screwing the rom all together.

The reason it concerns me is that my understanding of SPB clone is that it fully backups and reverts the registry. If that's the case I need a better solution.

You Guys > All

P.S. VZW TP here but I don't think it matters on this topic.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: Your favorite backup software for TP?

PIMbackup - restores only vital information such as texts, contacts and call logs.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

I use Sprite. But only after I settle on a ROM. If I use a new ROM I always do a fresh install. But that's just my choice. Not sure if it matters
Old 12-08-2008, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I use SPB BU & have restored a bunch of times with great luck in one of my old Titans after various ROM updates.

When I tried that after a ROM flash in my TouchPro it didn't work very well at all however. Instead of messing with it at that point, I just hard reset & started over as I had only had it a few days anyway.....

~John
Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by vumpler View Post
I remember someone posting that SPB's clone or backup utility was a good choice. My question is:

If I do a backup with SPB clone, when I apply a custom rom today and then restore with SPB clone, will it mess up the custom rom? When I say mess up I am referring to, slowing down the speed or screwing the rom all together.

The reason it concerns me is that my understanding of SPB clone is that it fully backups and reverts the registry. If that's the case I need a better solution.

You Guys > All

P.S. VZW TP here but I don't think it matters on this topic.
havent used SPB Clone. However I use SPB b ackup and it works great. It has a option to run a backup as a ROM upgrade. So say you make a back up of your regular uncustomized system. If you make a bunch of changes blah, blah, etc, you can revert back to the original config. I used a backup from my 1st TP to put all my apps, contacts, etc... on my new TP with no problems. Whenever I switch to a different theme, I back it up. That way if I change my theme and want to go back to another older theme, I can and its easier. You have the option in the program to tell it what you WANT to restore. So you cant tell it to restore everything but system data. Which means it will not remove the custom ROM.

I dont know if it cant revert and relock a device. you gotta ask someone who has unlocked there device to try it and see if it will relock and etc....

Old 12-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

On my mogul it used spb back up which is pretty ok..but I just got sprite backup lastnite heard its a grea program imma try it out lata and give my review of it

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 12-15-2008, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
havent used SPB Clone. However I use SPB b ackup and it works great. It has a option to run a backup as a ROM upgrade. So say you make a back up of your regular uncustomized system. If you make a bunch of changes blah, blah, etc, you can revert back to the original config. I used a backup from my 1st TP to put all my apps, contacts, etc... on my new TP with no problems. Whenever I switch to a different theme, I back it up. That way if I change my theme and want to go back to another older theme, I can and its easier. You have the option in the program to tell it what you WANT to restore. So you cant tell it to restore everything but system data. Which means it will not remove the custom ROM.

I dont know if it cant revert and relock a device. you gotta ask someone who has unlocked there device to try it and see if it will relock and etc....
When you do your restore after a rom change, there is a box to overwrite data......do you check that box? Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro