PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   VGA touch screen: Larger OK button? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48132)

mobidutch 12-07-2008 11:49 PM

VGA touch screen: Larger OK button?

I absolutely love my shiny new Touch Pro (Sprint, activated on Verizon), especially the VGA screen. But I constantly find myself trying to hit the Ok button in the top right corner 3 or 4 times before it takes, since I typically use my thumb for that.

Does anyone know of a utility that makes the touch input area for the Ok button a little larger?

mCastJR 12-08-2008 12:20 AM

Re: VGA touch screen: Larger OK button?

i too would like to find this, i get the okay button about 4 out of 10 times on the first shot.

[sammich] 12-08-2008 12:29 AM

I dont' think there's a way besides custom skins, but the back arrow also functions as an OK button.

flyhigh 12-08-2008 12:29 AM

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I wish it was a little easier to hit that area of the screen but I do have some advice. There was a thread on this recently, you can search for it. The suggestion on that thread was to re-calibrate your screen using your thumb to hit the points instead of the stylus. I tried that as did others and have found that pressing the OK button in the top right is now so much better. Hope that helps.

ScrapMaker 12-08-2008 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobidutch (Post 565482)
I absolutely love my shiny new Touch Pro (Sprint, activated on Verizon), especially the VGA screen. But I constantly find myself trying to hit the Ok button in the top right corner 3 or 4 times before it takes, since I typically use my thumb for that.

Does anyone know of a utility that makes the touch input area for the Ok button a little larger?

You know why you want a bigger OK button? It's not because it's a VGA screen, because the button is the same size as all other phones. The problem is obvious if you open up your notes application, and draw a line from the center of the screen to the left side, in portrait mode, with your finger. Notice how it stops WAY short? Well that happens on all sides, (on most people's phones,) and that is why it's so hard to hit the OK button. If you load up WKTask, you will also find that it's a PITA to hit the actual flag on the start menu. Scrolling through programs is a real pain, unless you use your fingernail. It's just because of poorly-implemented touch screen on the Diamond and Pro series--both GSM as well as CDMA models.

As far as I know, you cannot modify the OK button, unless you run a program on top of Windows, like Wisbar or something that overlays.

chronster 12-08-2008 01:40 AM

will wm7 be more "thumb friendly"?

ScrapMaker 12-08-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 565652)
will wm7 be more "thumb friendly"?

It's not coming out for a while, and it's not promised for current phones, either.

Don't get your hopes up, but yes, it is supposed to be much more thumb-friendly.

With the screen hardware on the Pro, you will never achieve the same thumb-friendliness that we had on the Touch.

FrozenIpaq 12-08-2008 02:15 AM

If you grab a skinning program such as Wisbar Advance you might be able to edit the size of the button (well I know you can). Not sure if this will improve your accuracy with hitting it or not but it's always worth a shot - Wisbar Advance is a great skinning application and is one of the first things I will put on my new HTC Touch Pro when I get it in the next week or so (or I hope so).

You might have to create or alter an existing theme since you can't just pick and choose what elements you want to customzie while leaving others activated (it's been a while since I've used WA so who knows)

mCastJR 12-08-2008 03:17 AM

well, the phone does also lack a frame and the screen isn't sunken in like the mogul. that frame always got my finger in the right spot to hit the X's and start back when i had the mogul.

gman4471 12-08-2008 03:41 AM

You could try something like gs scroll to use the touch sensitive portion of your navigation pad to activate the ok button: http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=1840