PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Exil3d's Battery Life Guide

Ok.. here is the beggining. For the sake of getting correct information about the battery life performance on the Sprint Touch Pro.I will do a series of test to accurately give us a better understanding of the life on a light usage or heavy usage of this ppc. I have charged and recharged over 70 times so the battery is conditioned enough to give me optimun life data. Please! Do not merge this thread with the already existing battery thread. this thread will be UNIQUE and provide good data to work with. OK! Now for the fun part!!!

Last edited by Exil3d; 12-07-2008 at 05:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Exil3d's Battery Life Guide

Test 1: Batter 0% to 100% charge on the wall outlet
--------------------------------------------------
For 1% Charge you need 1 whole minute. So to get 100% Charge you need 100 minutes. I did this test 4 times and it gave me same results.
TIME: 1 Hour 40 Minutes. Final.

Test 2: Video Playback
----------------------
Touch pro fully charged 100%. Radio ON, Data off, auto dimm off, Brightness FULL . Headphones Plugged in at full volume. I will play HQ DVD Wall-E Movie on a loop using TCPMP at full quality.
TIME: 3 Hours 7 Minutes

Test 3: Streaming Video
-----------------------
Everything OFF except Radio and Data. Lcd full brightness with auto dim OFF. Lcd constantly ON. Device got very warm doing this test.
TIME: 2 Hours 3 Minutes

Test 4: Pushmail ON (DATA on) Pushmail OFF (DATA off)
-----------------------------------------------------
TIME: Pending.......................

Test 5: Streaming Audio
-----------------------
LCD OFF, headphone plugged, Radio on, Data On, full volume, full signal strength and everything else off. So pretty much a fm radio station player.
TIME: 3 Hours 5 minutes

Test 6: Tethering
-----------------
TIME: Pending.......................

Test 6: GPS
-----------
Radio ON, Data On, LCD constantly ON. I used Live Search and activated GPS to follow me all morning on a long drive.
TIME: 3 Hours 3 Minutes

Last edited by Exil3d; 12-20-2008 at 04:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

You aren't factoring in the single most important thing (in my opinion) as far as battery life.

Signal strength.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
You aren't factoring in the single most important thing (in my opinion) as far as battery life.

Signal strength.
I updated it. all bars where I am at. Also.. if anyone has a request of a test let me know.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

good test: activesync on push email with emails coming and without... on radio.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
good test: activesync on push email with emails coming and without... on radio.
So pretty much having DATA with incoming mail and DATA off with no email. I will do this soon.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Requests:
-continuous phone call/talk time without being plugged in (if you can't find someone to talk to that long lol... call a landline or another mobile during free minutes and leave it connected?
-Do you have slingbox? if so, video streaming thru slingbox mobile.......
-Nice test with the movie playback... how about continuous song playback? see how it holds up as a mp3 player (keep radio on for practicality though)....
-Tethering with wifirouter/pdanet (if you have them). If not, maybe test how long it will run off being plugged into usb with charge option off or how long it takes to drain the battery while charging due to the heating issue...
-If possible, test how long you can relaxingly surf the web with Opera mobile.
-Also, at the top of your post, you should state how much battery life you tend to get with light-moderate use after a full charge, just so people get an idea of whether you're one of those people claiming half a day or 1-1.5 days with light-intermediate use... (or however much you get on avg)

Goodluck with your testing and results.

Edit: sorry for all the requests.. just giving some ideas if you're really wanting to put it through the test chamber

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-07-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Requests:
-Do you have slingbox? if so, video streaming thru slingbox mobile.......
-Nice test with the movie playback... how about continuous song playback? see how it holds up as a mp3 player (keep radio on for practicality though)....
-Tethering
-If possible, test how long you can relaxingly surf the web with Opera mobile
-Also, at the top of your post, you should state how much battery life you tend to get with light-moderate use after a full charge, just so people get an idea of whether you're one of those people claiming half a day or 1-1.5 days with light-intermediate use... (or however much you get on avg)

Goodluck with your testing and results.
I dont bable to much on the phone but I will do the continues phone call and just bother a friend.lol.Unfortunately I don't have sling box. So I wont do that. Continues song playback will be in the list. I will do one with the LCD continuously on playing mp3s on and continuously playing mp3s with LCD off. I am curious about the tethering, so you will see that as well. Web surfing will be up too. Well.... all the tests will be on a full 100% wall charged battery. And all the test will be done fully on and no breaks, and not in a intermediate manner.Maybe at the end I will do a casual usage test.

Last edited by Exil3d; 12-07-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i dont know if testing gps using googlemaps/live in one spot would compare to using it while traveling, but that might be another test...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
i dont know if testing gps using googlemaps/live in one spot would compare to using it while traveling, but that might be another test...
HA! Thats one test I did not think about. Well, when I do PC IT service i do travel alot so I will give it a shot maybe then. I will put it to the list!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro