PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro on Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

d1hamby is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Exil3d's Battery Life Guide

Okay I have some tests:
1. Try doing drain tests:
a. GPS with google maps running, with and without wifi set to high and low.
b. Talking on phone with and without bluetooth. (This will show you how useless bluetooth is.)
c. Talking on the phone with bluetooth with google maps running with GPS and moving the maps and screen on bright.
2. Charging with Airplane mode on with wall charger and usb charger.
3. Charging while watching a movie.

That's it for now if I get some numbers I'll update here.

Last edited by d1hamby; 12-08-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: new info
Old 12-08-2008, 12:30 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I thought I posted a reply but it never went through or something.

Anyways, I'm draining my battery as we speak. Screen's brightness is at 100%, wedding crashers is on a loop, and I just got a low battery warning. Waiting for this thing to shut off on it's own then I'm going to hook it up to my pc via usb and charge it that way. I'll time it and let yall know how long it took.

Old 12-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
Okay I have some tests:
1. Try doing drain tests:
a. GPS with google maps running, with and without wifi set to high and low.
b. Talking on phone with and without bluetooth. (This will show you how useless bluetooth is.)
c. Talking on the phone with bluetooth with google maps running with GPS and moving the maps and screen on bright.
2. Charging with Airplane mode on with wall charger and usb charger.
3. Charging while watching a movie.

That's it for now if I get some numbers I'll update here.
Hmm............ I will see if I can get all those.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

flyhigh is keeping up the good workflyhigh is keeping up the good work

also very interested in a slingbox battery test. If you don't have a slingbox perhaps someone else who does won't mind running the battery down on a TP several times while watching a slingbox streamed movie to let us know about battery life. It would be especially good to compare it to streamed video like Justin.tv, Hulu, or Youtube to see how big a difference (if at all) the source of the processing makes.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

how bout repeating any one of the tests, and just adding the variable of the LCD at
full brightness LCD on
auto backlight LCD on
LCD off.

to see what the differences are..?

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dole is becoming a great contributor

if only it were feasible, i'd like a test where you get no signal or a marginal signal, as someone said before. inside the building where i work, i get 0-1 bars, it flops between roaming and network all day, and if i didn't charge it, i'd guess that i'd get about 9-10 hours on standby, screen off with barely any usage, and no talk time, phone radio on, data and wifi off. :/
Verizon: Motorola v325

"Make a u-turn, and then, continue"
Old 12-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyhigh View Post
also very interested in a slingbox battery test. If you don't have a slingbox perhaps someone else who does won't mind running the battery down on a TP several times while watching a slingbox streamed movie to let us know about battery life. It would be especially good to compare it to streamed video like Justin.tv, Hulu, or Youtube to see how big a difference (if at all) the source of the processing makes.
Someone with it will have to do a very good controlled test. I am doing all mines very well done so Ii get accurate numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
how bout repeating any one of the tests, and just adding the variable of the LCD at
full brightness LCD on
auto backlight LCD on
LCD off.

to see what the differences are..?
Yup, I have thought of that as well. I will do this to the important tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dole View Post
if only it were feasible, i'd like a test where you get no signal or a marginal signal, as someone said before. inside the building where i work, i get 0-1 bars, it flops between roaming and network all day, and if i didn't charge it, i'd guess that i'd get about 9-10 hours on standby, screen off with barely any usage, and no talk time, phone radio on, data and wifi off. :/
This would be a interesting one. But I have figured out how to minimize the signal without having to look for a poor reception area. Simlle trick is to use foil paper and somewhat wrap the phone with it leaving a small area opened for the signal to penetrate. If you wrap the whole phone completely then you kill the signal 100%. Try it. :P
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2/ blackberry bold
Carrier: sprint & at & t

idenkilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to idenkilla

i send mayb 200-300 msgs a day and if im at full signal it wil die in 910hrs. but can u run a test with send texts msgs all day? if you dont have ne1 to text, ill participate
Old 12-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idenkilla View Post
i send mayb 200-300 msgs a day and if im at full signal it wil die in 910hrs. but can u run a test with send texts msgs all day? if you dont have ne1 to text, ill participate
Thats a good test as well. I will PM you if I need assistance. The battery charge test is concluded as well. Everyone take a look. It turns out after doing 4 complete drains and recharge and noting down the time. I have come to a conclusion that for every minute left in the wall chargers you get 1 percent charge. SO for 100 percent charge you need 100 minutes. Pretty interesting.

Last edited by Exil3d; 12-10-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Updated Audio stream.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro