PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

edgarwong is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: The screen is BEAUTIFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Yeah, same pixel density, but larger, with more pixels. That would be like saying that a 42" 720p plasma looks the same as a 50" 1080p plasma... (they don't.)

Oh I'll give you that!

It's a shame, I went to Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T stores yesterday, in search for a flush touchscreen that actually WORKED around the borders... The only, I repeat, ONLY touchscreen that worked like this was on the Sprint Touch, and the Verizon Touch, the Vogues/6900The Sprint Diamond, Sprint/Verizon Touch Pro, as well as the Samsung Omnia, did this exact same thing of being insensitive around the borders... (clearly visible in the "notes" application.)

How could HTC get the Vogue touchscreen "so right," and then not be able to reproduce it on their newer models?

I guess HTC doesn't manufacture the panels themselves... and they went the cheap route this time...

the reasont he original touch has good edge sensitivity is that the actual sensitizer extends past the screen. thats why it is able to feel the edges. this is good, but makes the phone wide.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im not sure if it's just my device but it does seem like the screen is kinda white (washed out) colors... it looks clear and crisp but compared to my titan it seems like colors are washed out a bit... is that the same for everyone?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarwong View Post
the reasont he original touch has good edge sensitivity is that the actual sensitizer extends past the screen. thats why it is able to feel the edges. this is good, but makes the phone wide.
If that is the case, then I bet most people would not have minded a slightly-wider phone, to have an accurately-working touchscreen... I would bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
im not sure if it's just my device but it does seem like the screen is kinda white (washed out) colors... it looks clear and crisp but compared to my titan it seems like colors are washed out a bit... is that the same for everyone?
Mine seemed a little washed out, but nothing too major. Looked very crisp. My only complaint on the display-portion of the screen, is that I can see the backlights on the edges... Makes the device seem cheaply-made. I suppose that some of you do not have this problem, but it just puts more ammunition towards the fact that HTC's QC process was trash this go-round.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro