PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Picked up the HTC Touch Pro. Questions?

So I took the plunge today. I went by a Sprint store and played with one for about an hour. It was much more spry and the data worked (two things my bad phone from Sprint didn't do). So I went to Best Buy and bought the phone. An hour later my number had been ported over and the phone was up and running. Wow. Number porting took me 3 days going the other direction and 1 hour going this direction. I was impressed with that service, to say the least.

The system is running fast, I quickly got Google email up and running, I synced my Google calendar and Contacts to Thunderbird and then synced those to the HTC Touch Pro with Birdiesync.

So far, so good.

My main questions right now are.

#1 - What's the most usable and fast shell to use instead of TouchFlo 3D? I'm assuming it's the SPB product. I installed it and I like it so far. This Touch Pro is already MUCH more spry. More spry than the 800w I tried out and more spry than my Centro was. Impressive. I would like to get it to start off on the "Now" tab after hitting "home", but I can't see how to do that. I'm also sure there is a way to customize the interface so I can have the launcher tab have my favorite applications (i.e. Opera instead of IE).

#2 - Someone mentioned a way to have applications always end when you hit ok or x. What does it take to do that again?

#3 - There are so many random tips and links out there. Can someone me in the direction of the best place to fnd the tweaks most likely to conserve battery and processor?

Thanks for all the advice and feedback. We argued, etc. but it helped me think about what I wanted and I really like this phone. I'm glad I gave it a second chance with someone else providing the hardware.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Picked up the HTC Touch Pro. Questions?

Also, Windows Media Player doesn't seem to be finding music I put on my SD Card by just copying it over to the drive. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind, got that working

Last edited by DSGamer; 12-06-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:11 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post

#3 - There are so many random tips and links out there. Can someone me in the direction of the best place to fnd the tweaks most likely to conserve battery and processor?
all the stuff ur asking for can be found pretty easy within the 1st 4-5 pages in this forum....but here is a very useful thread called touch pro essentials check it out

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

EDIT: diamond tweak app found on that page is a must have

Last edited by caddieguy02; 12-06-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:19 AM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
#2 - Someone mentioned a way to have applications always end when you hit ok or x. What does it take to do that again?
to do this, go into the start menu/setting...2nd tab at the bottom says system...down till u see task manager...3rd tab at the bottom says button...make sure these boxes are checked..."enable the "x" button to end running programs"....also "end program by tapping "x"....also "enable quick menu for today screen" pretty simple...hope this helps
Old 12-06-2008, 11:26 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Ii can't find anything that does what spb does,it is very customizable too and that is what i have been using .

Answer to spb question:
To have the "now screen" displays first:
Go to setting/spb/ and check "show the now screen"when device wakes up. That way first thing you will see is teh "now"
Old 12-06-2008, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Ii can't find anything that does what spb does,it is very customizable too and that is what i have been using .

Answer to spb question:
To have the "now screen" displays first:
Go to setting/spb/ and check "show the now screen"when device wakes up. That way first thing you will see is teh "now"
Actually, I was thinking I wanted to see that when I hit home, but the more I played with it, the more I realized I did want "home" in some situations. So the behavior of it makes sense. Home not hiding the start menu, stuff like that. It's growing on me too. Should have given it a fair shot the last time I had a Touch Pro. It's much better than TFL3D.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddieguy02 View Post
to do this, go into the start menu/setting...2nd tab at the bottom says system...down till u see task manager...3rd tab at the bottom says button...make sure these boxes are checked..."enable the "x" button to end running programs"....also "end program by tapping "x"....also "enable quick menu for today screen" pretty simple...hope this helps
Thanks. Much better. So far, so good. My last Touch Pro was definitely a lemon. This new phone, without TouchFlo, is as snappy as my Centro was and the camera on it is fantastic. I'd never tried that last time. I also think it's faster because data actually works this time. Last time the data never worked so when I'd pull up Opera there would be a long pause as it would try to find the internet, but couldn't. Now EVDO is working perfectly.

And I actually like the keyboard better than the keyboard on the G1. Funny what having a working phone will do to your perspective.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro