PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Watch out for hoody pockets!! umm... and toilets... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47916)

bedub 12-05-2008 11:03 PM

Watch out for hoody pockets!! umm... and toilets...

Ok... I can't believe I'm admitting this... but this morning after my daily pot of coffee I left my TP in the pocket of my hooded sweatshirt... of course what follows about sent me through the roof...

so... I turned around to flush... and my TP dropped head first into the swirling poo water!! I panicked so I threw my hand in after my prized possession and immediately slid the battery cover off (very slippery when wet and pooey!) and slammed the battery off!!

Well after blow drying it for ten minutes and letting it dry in front of my dehumidifier for an hour I examined my TP... all the water damage sensors were untouched... so I decided to try my luck... it worked!! Now I'm not making any claims... except for maybe luck... but damn!

BTW... I scrubbed it down with massive amounts of rubbing alcohol to rid me of perpetual poo hand... any further ideas for cleaning my TP without wrecking it??

Oh... and I do have insurance... which is probably the only thing that saved me from having a heart attack after the swirling horror of poo!!

cforster 12-05-2008 11:08 PM

Re: Watch out for hoody pockets!! umm... and toilets...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedub (Post 562692)
Ok... I can't believe I'm admitting this... but this morning after my daily pot of coffee I left my TP in the pocket of my hooded sweatshirt... of course what follows about sent me through the roof...

so... I turned around to flush... and my TP dropped head first into the swirling poo water!! I panicked so I threw my hand in after my prized possession and immediately slid the battery cover off (very slippery when wet and pooey!) and slammed the battery off!!

Well after blow drying it for ten minutes and letting it dry in front of my dehumidifier for an hour I examined my TP... all the water damage sensors were untouched... so I decided to try my luck... it worked!! Now I'm not making any claims... except for maybe luck... but damn!

BTW... I scrubbed it down with massive amounts of rubbing alcohol to rid me of perpetual poo hand... any further ideas for cleaning my TP without wrecking it??

Oh... and I do have insurance... which is probably the only thing that saved me from having a heart attack after the swirling horror of poo!!

It's stories like this that make me not want to file an insurance claim! My luck I'd get your poo phone! :mrgreen:

Great save though, I think I would have went fishing with something other than my hand....but whatever works for you. :)

xtkxhom3r 12-05-2008 11:13 PM

lmao glad you got it out in time bro and if your phone still turns on then your good dont sweat it keep it in your pocket next time

darren.wlsn1 12-05-2008 11:13 PM

omg, close this thread. tmi jk op, glad you saved the tp while resting on some tp. im at a party(frat=drunk) and just read this to the party, now theres a sign on the potty door that reads,"please check your phone is secure while flushig" Lol your a hit here bro. pitt university

[sammich] 12-05-2008 11:36 PM

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth...

That is another one of my nightmares!! I always check to make sure my phone is secure before I undo my pants and before I get up!

But I would still somehow claim that thing. The fact that it at one time was in poop water and later touches your head just bothers me.

bedub 12-05-2008 11:46 PM

I will claim it ASAP... never claimed a phone before... basically if I re-lock it everything should go smoothly??? My chrome is cracked on the side...

oh and Darren... glad to know that I'm the hit of the party! Don't poo and txt!

silverD16y71996 12-06-2008 12:29 AM

sorry to say but your "touch poo" has poo water inside, you can get the outside clean using a lysol wipe but as for inside the poo germs arestill gonna be there. i would just claim it, let them worry about the poo...

great story though

hibby50 12-06-2008 12:33 AM

i never trust those pockets... never keep jack crap in em

Nagual 12-06-2008 12:37 AM

:laughing3:

Man, good save. It's bad enough if it encounters water, but poo water...damn. I shared this link once before but here tis agin:

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Wet-Cell-Phone

Yep, I got TEP on mine--this phone is too damn expensive to take chances on.

SprintTouch08 12-06-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverD16y71996 (Post 562810)
sorry to say but your "touch poo" has poo water inside, you can get the outside clean using a lysol wipe but as for inside the poo germs arestill gonna be there. i would just claim it, let them worry about the poo...

great story though

well i woudlnt say people's hands or sweat that gets in the cracks of phones is less "germy," but yeh id claim the phone because either way water still got in it and will eventually take its toll. Call the $50 a learning experience.