PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

randyp1234 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Watch out for hoody pockets!! umm... and toilets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedub View Post
Ok... I can't believe I'm admitting this... but this morning after my daily pot of coffee I left my TP in the pocket of my hooded sweatshirt... of course what follows about sent me through the roof...

so... I turned around to flush... and my TP dropped head first into the swirling poo water!! I panicked so I threw my hand in after my prized possession and immediately slid the battery cover off (very slippery when wet and pooey!) and slammed the battery off!!

Well after blow drying it for ten minutes and letting it dry in front of my dehumidifier for an hour I examined my TP... all the water damage sensors were untouched... so I decided to try my luck... it worked!! Now I'm not making any claims... except for maybe luck... but damn!

BTW... I scrubbed it down with massive amounts of rubbing alcohol to rid me of perpetual poo hand... any further ideas for cleaning my TP without wrecking it??

Oh... and I do have insurance... which is probably the only thing that saved me from having a heart attack after the swirling horror of poo!!
And people say our VZW models are a piece of crap
Old 12-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lmao!... Does it smell ok when you talk on it?? any poo smell at all?? Nothing like cleaning your TP with some TP! man I feel for ya. Yeah, I would claim it if I was you though even though the bacteria would die off in a few days as it has nothing to feed on and the heat of the phone would cook em like hotdogs.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cforster View Post
It's stories like this that make me not want to file an insurance claim! My luck I'd get your poo phone!

Great save though, I think I would have went fishing with something other than my hand....but whatever works for you.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

<p>And with the OP's luck, they'll prolly deny him a claim due to the fact that it does have s**t-water in it, but I highly doubt that'll happen. I personally wouldn't tell any tale to file a claim at all as this is <a href="images/smilies/.gif" border="0" alt="" title="" smilieid="85" class="inlineimg" />ing. If you wanna get in trouble making such a claim as this, be my guest.</p>
Old 12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC Evo™ 4G====>!!!
Carrier: The Now Network™

sbux_jae is just getting started

holy crap.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Between a TP stuck down the toilet and claiming it for $50 and declaring the phone lost, I really think I'd choose the latter...Jeez, what do you have in that phone that you can't install again anyway? That's just crazy IMO.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

dude tep covers water damage....

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started

ROFL. Thanks for the entertaining story. I can relate. My first cell phone back in 94, an old Ericson, went flying off a slippery toilet cover and into the drink. Never worked again. Your lucky, even if its a poo phone. At least its your poo right?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I know the feeling. I dropped my Vogue off a bridge when I was reaching into my pocket to pull some money out for my wife. It got caught on my watch somehow, because of the rubberized texture and fell in between the cracks of the boards and into Johns Pass. "Its a waterway in florida". Oh well 50 bucks and I had a new one. But it's a good thing those damn water idicators didnt get screwed up on your TP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro