PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Dmtalon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6700 owner looking at TP (ereader / sirius)

What will I miss? What will I love? I really like everything about my phone aside from the phone part I mean it's not horrible, but it's more of a PDA than a phone. I've been with my trusty 6700 for ~3 years now and I have a dying "R" button and my earpiece has about had it (can barely use it as a phone without it being on speaker).

I was wondering if anyone here has used the ereader.com book reader on the touch (since it's vga) and how it looks?

I also use SiriusWM5 almost daily while at work to listen to Howard Stern. I assume that it and/or the StarPlayr work well on the TP?

Those are probably the two most used applications I have outside of the calendar.

I plan to go check out a TP tomorrow and see if I like it, and if I do I also *plan* to go the Sprint phone convert -> verizon deal. I currently have unlimited data with my 6700 so I believe I am an ideal candidate for the "switch"

Any thing I can/should look out for or consider coming from my 6700 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dallace
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: XV6700 owner looking at TP (ereader / sirius)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmtalon View Post
What will I miss? What will I love? I really like everything about my phone aside from the phone part I mean it's not horrible, but it's more of a PDA than a phone. I've been with my trusty 6700 for ~3 years now and I have a dying "R" button and my earpiece has about had it (can barely use it as a phone without it being on speaker).

I was wondering if anyone here has used the ereader.com book reader on the touch (since it's vga) and how it looks?

I also use SiriusWM5 almost daily while at work to listen to Howard Stern. I assume that it and/or the StarPlayr work well on the TP?

Those are probably the two most used applications I have outside of the calendar.

I plan to go check out a TP tomorrow and see if I like it, and if I do I also *plan* to go the Sprint phone convert -> verizon deal. I currently have unlimited data with my 6700 so I believe I am an ideal candidate for the "switch"

Any thing I can/should look out for or consider coming from my 6700 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dallace
You won't really miss much.. You will love the increase in RAM, the VGA screen and Touch Flo.. It is a great device.. I personally have not used Ereader, but I have heard it looks great.. You will be satisfied in upgrading..

For Sirius radio on the Touch Pro, I would definitely recommend C-ApiSRO.. It is a great program... You can go here for more info on it..

I really recommend on going here after you get your phone... It is a guide on how to put your Sprint Touch Pro onto the Verizon Network...

If you have any other questions, just post them...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dmtalon is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
For Sirius radio on the Touch Pro, I would definitely recommend C-ApiSRO.. It is a great program... You can go here for more info on it..
Hrm... I've not heard of that one. I've been using SiriusWM5 for a while and been happy with it. I'll have to give C-ApiSRO a shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
I really recommend on going here after you get your phone... It is a guide on how to put your Sprint Touch Pro onto the Verizon Network...

If you have any other questions, just post them...
That is actually the thread I stumbled upon that gave me the "idea" I'm fairly tired of verizon's locked down lower speck's stuff. However I like the network coverage...

Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmtalon View Post
Hrm... I've not heard of that one. I've been using SiriusWM5 for a while and been happy with it. I'll have to give C-ApiSRO a shot!

That is actually the thread I stumbled upon that gave me the "idea" I'm fairly tired of verizon's locked down lower speck's stuff. However I like the network coverage...

Thanks for the reply!
You are very welcome.. Like I said, if you need any help, just search n' post.. Always happy to help a fellow PPC Geek out..
Old 12-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

I upgraded from an Apache.

Totally satisfied.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

willisium is a n00b

SiriusWM5 works perfect with my Sprint TP using windows media as the player. The battery life isn't that great, I do get a nice hour howard in the morning (although after an hour the phone does warm up but im not complaining this time of year in the northeast). Can't confirm the ereader prog.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Dmtalon is a n00b

Can you guys that are using Sirius streamers (whatever streamer) stream for 3-4 hours without the TP overheating or killing the battery?

I use my 6700 4 days a week as my Howard Stern radio. From about 9pm - 12pm (usually on a seidio dock (with audio out) to a pair of powered computer speakers at my desk.

Some of the "overheating" posts scare me a little. I've seen my 6700 get so hot it won't charge, but *only* when it was in my motorcycle tankbag's map pocket in direct sunlight (i.e. too hot)

Outside if that I've never seen it stop charging.

any input? do only a few do this? do a lot of them overheat when just charging?

Thanks,
Old 12-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Big MVP Diesel

If it can get adequate cooling, it shouldnt get THAT hot that it won't cool.. But you never can tell..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro