PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Carrier: Sprint

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What luck....

So about three weeks ago I flashed a ROM on my Touch Pro and unfortunately during the process I had an issue with my cable connection and it froze my computer and it bricked my PRO. So I relocked the phone or at least it changed from the tri colored screen to the normal Touch Pro boot screen. After, I went to the local service and repair center and they said they could exchange it for a refurb but due to me getting the phone from Telesales I should contact them for the 30 day exchange for a new device. Since I am a corporate employee I could not just go into a store. So I called telesales and they informed me that the phone is out of stock. With my 30 days coming up I knew that I would have to fight with telesales to get the exchange on my phone since i would be past my 30 days. My bill arrived in the mean time and they had charged me for a phone not received as well as the original phone. So I called employee care and ordered a return kit and just activated my Diamond and they gave me back the credit for the one device not received. Once I got my return kit I was ready to send it out and I noticed oh **** where is my phone. I couldn't find it. So I called employee care and told them the news and they said call asurion and get a replacement and send it to them and they will do the return. So they restarted my upgrade counter so that I am still eligible and I ordered my phone from asurion. After I received my phone through asurion and I was getting ready to mail it out I told my fiance what was going on and she informed me she knew where the phone was, she had found it in her car a few days earlier as she was cleaning it out. So I called employee care and they told me to send to original and they would give me the money back and then I called asurion and they told me that the order had already been placed and received and since the phone was deemed lost I did not have to send in the other phone and I could keep the new pro. So the end result, I sent the pro back, got the credit back on my bill so that I never had any charges from the original pro and I got the PRO through asurion for $50.00 and then also got the credit back for the deductible because all of the issues I had. So I basically got the PRO for free once it was all said and done. What luck. All because of it being out of stock basically.

Last edited by e.lamberson; 12-05-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cforster is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What luck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lamberson View Post
So about three weeks ago I flashed a ROM on my Touch Pro and unfortunately during the process I had an issue with my cable connection and it froze my computer and it bricked my PRO. So I relocked the phone or at least it changed from the tri colored screen to the normal Touch Pro boot screen. After, I went to the local service and repair center and they said they could exchange it for a refurb but due to me getting the phone from Telesales I should contact them for the 30 day exchange for a new device. Since I am a corporate employee I could not just go into a store. So I called telesales and they informed me that the phone is out of stock. With my 30 days coming up I knew that I would have to fight with telesales to get the exchange on my phone since i would be past my 30 days. My bill arrived in the mean time and they had charged me for a phone not received as well as the original phone. So I called employee care and ordered a return kit and just activated my Diamond and they gave me back the credit for the one device not received. Once I got my return kit I was ready to send it out and I noticed oh **** where is my phone. I couldn't find it. So I called employee care and told them the news and they said call asurion and get a replacement and send it to them and they will do the return. So they restarted my upgrade counter so that I am still eligible and I ordered my phone from asurion. After I received my phone through asurion and I was getting ready to mail it out I told my fiance what was going on and she informed me she knew where the phone was, she had found it in her car a few days earlier as she was cleaning it out. So I called employee care and they told me to send to original and they would give me the money back and then I called asurion and they told me that the order had already been placed and received and since the phone was deemed lost I did not have to send in the other phone and I could keep the new pro. So the end result, I sent the pro back, got the credit back on my bill so that I never had any charges from the original pro and I got the PRO through asurion for $50.00 and then also got the credit back for the deductible because all of the issues I had. So I basically got the PRO for free once it was all said and done. What luck. All because of it being out of stock basically.
Wow, you beat me. I payed $36.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro