PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Gimped Pro
Carrier: Verizon

robodude2 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Lock screen on Incoming Call??

Is there a way to get the screen to lock during incoming calls?

When I receive a call, I usually manage to ignore or answer the call before getting the phone out of my case due to me mistakenly hitting the screen.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Lock screen on Incoming Call??

Use the lock feature under program,that way you won't ignore or answer until you pull the TP out, or you can answer via bluetooth by hitting it or set it up to answer automatically after specific number of rings...
Old 12-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

I don't think that's what the OP means. This actually happened to me a few minutes ago - I had the screen locked but when it rang, I pulled it out of my pocket and the friction against the pants fabric picked up the call. (Good thing I actually wanted to answer it!)

I suppose a 3rd-party lock program is the answer, but they seem to each have different drawbacks and quirks...or cost money...(whine whine whine and cheese).
Old 12-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

Doesn't S2U2 solve this problem?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
Doesn't S2U2 solve this problem?
Sure, as long as you're willing to put up with all the things it does to screw up your phone. (I could never get it to run correctly and I really read advice and tried.) I read too many posts from people like that, although I suppose there are others who are perfectly happy with it.

This is the one I might be interested in:

http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/

It might even be good enough to pay for.

Last edited by Nagual; 12-05-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Alltel

str8bucs is just getting started

Yeah I had problems with S2U2 on my Diamond..... Every time I went to answer the call the phone would freeze and I would miss the call. Now that I have switched to the Touch Pro I need to find a way from the thing waking up when its in my pocket....

Any Ideas?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I guess not that many people here us Bluetooh headsets, I could not live without it now.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas contractor View Post
I guess not that many people here us Bluetooh headsets, I could not live without it now.
I think you'd guess wrong. It's just that many of us don't want to wear them constantly - car and lounging at home are pretty much my only times with it. And it doesn't help that voice command doesn't work properly for announcing calls yet, not even with a lot of tweaking. So we want to be able to reliably pull out our phones and answer calls, hence the need for these locking programs.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:41 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

I have been using ppc's for a while and never installed a thid party app like S2u2. If my phone is locked with the internal prog I am good man,again I never have the TP in my pockee...lol. Thanks for teh clarification Nagual
Old 12-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

All these people with TPs in their pockets all the time. Can we say compensating?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro