PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
a2dp controls and resco

I just noticed when I try to use the a2dp controls from headphones (forward/back/stop/pause) it launches the htc audio manager even if it isn't loaded.... on my 6800 if I was in resco pocket radio it would control that app but even when active in resco now it launches the music player...

anyone have any idea how I can get it to stop controlling htc audio manager?

thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: a2dp controls and resco

Yes, I think this isssue has been out for some time but I haven't found an answer either. It happens with any third party music player- the TP will launch either the HTC manager or WM media player (which I can successfully control via A2DP).

Any advice or fix would be much appreciated.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does yours get really hot from using bluetooth headphones too?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
does yours get really hot from using bluetooth headphones too?
I haven't noticed that problem- maybe jut warm but not hot.
I use BT streaming pretty frequently. That may be another issue since battery/TP heating seems to be a general problem some people are experiencing.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:54 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I don't want to hi-jack but are you all not getting choppy playback with A2DP? I have tried every setting to no avail and the bluetooth is choppy unless I have the headphones within 6 inches of the phone.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evolicious

TreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on repTreyBeno is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Yes, I think this isssue has been out for some time but I haven't found an answer either. It happens with any third party music player- the TP will launch either the HTC manager or WM media player (which I can successfully control via A2DP).

Any advice or fix would be much appreciated.
Is audio manager already installed on the sprint TP?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Country- for me at least, I get some skipping via BT but it is much better then the Treo 700w or even Mogul. So it isn't much of a problem for me. I go jogging with it if the help picture how I use the TP.

Trey- Actually, I'm not sure if it really is HTC manager (probably not). The A2DP headset will launch either the WM media player or the player that is in the music tab and will only allow you to control either of those programs...
Old 12-06-2008, 09:47 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
County- for me at least, I get some skipping via BT but it is much better then the Treo 700w or even Mogul. So it isn't much of a problem for me. I go jogging with it if the help picture how I use the TP.

Trey- Actually, I'm not sure if it really is HTC manager (probably not). The A2DP headset will launch either the WM media player or the player that is in the music tab and will only allow you to control either of those programs...
Did you have the touch? My touch was amazing, my S9s were like a wired headset. The 700wx was like you said, skipped, but my touch could be in my front pocket and be just fine. I can't even hold my TP in my hand and it still work without skipping.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Did you have the touch? My touch was amazing, my S9s were like a wired headset. The 700wx was like you said, skipped, but my touch could be in my front pocket and be just fine. I can't even hold my TP in my hand and it still work without skipping.
I had the Mogul and p***** on the Touch b/c I needed a keyboard.

That Mogul skipped like crazy. I'd have it in my pant pockets, walk and get a few skips. I'd lay it on the ground to work out and it'd skip. This was using the BT8010.
I'm pretty happy with the stability of the TP BT so far.

Did you try to mess with the BT settings via Advanced configuration or Diamond Tweaks?
Old 12-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

MongarEric is a n00b

I set the bitpool to "Very High" using Advanced Configuration Tool. It made a noticeable improvement in sound quality.

I haven't noticed any skipping of audio using bluetooth headphones. Yesterday at work I listened to a podcast that was an hour an a half long while working on some equipment in the lab. I had to move around, so at any time I'd be 3 to 15 feet from my phone. The distance didn't affect the audio.

I turned off Touchslo3d, and made some recommended registry tweaks to speed up the phone. Maybe that helps bluetooth transmission.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro