PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   a2dp controls and resco (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47843)

Zenoran 12-05-2008 01:30 PM

a2dp controls and resco

I just noticed when I try to use the a2dp controls from headphones (forward/back/stop/pause) it launches the htc audio manager even if it isn't loaded.... on my 6800 if I was in resco pocket radio it would control that app but even when active in resco now it launches the music player...

anyone have any idea how I can get it to stop controlling htc audio manager?

thanks

Scoob 12-05-2008 02:05 PM

Re: a2dp controls and resco

Yes, I think this isssue has been out for some time but I haven't found an answer either. It happens with any third party music player- the TP will launch either the HTC manager or WM media player (which I can successfully control via A2DP).

Any advice or fix would be much appreciated.

Zenoran 12-05-2008 03:01 PM

does yours get really hot from using bluetooth headphones too?

Scoob 12-05-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenoran (Post 561801)
does yours get really hot from using bluetooth headphones too?

I haven't noticed that problem- maybe jut warm but not hot.
I use BT streaming pretty frequently. That may be another issue since battery/TP heating seems to be a general problem some people are experiencing.

thacounty 12-05-2008 05:54 PM

I don't want to hi-jack but are you all not getting choppy playback with A2DP? I have tried every setting to no avail and the bluetooth is choppy unless I have the headphones within 6 inches of the phone.

TreyBeno 12-05-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 561694)
Yes, I think this isssue has been out for some time but I haven't found an answer either. It happens with any third party music player- the TP will launch either the HTC manager or WM media player (which I can successfully control via A2DP).

Any advice or fix would be much appreciated.

Is audio manager already installed on the sprint TP?

Scoob 12-05-2008 06:54 PM

Country- for me at least, I get some skipping via BT but it is much better then the Treo 700w or even Mogul. So it isn't much of a problem for me. I go jogging with it if the help picture how I use the TP.

Trey- Actually, I'm not sure if it really is HTC manager (probably not). The A2DP headset will launch either the WM media player or the player that is in the music tab and will only allow you to control either of those programs...

thacounty 12-06-2008 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoob (Post 562264)
County- for me at least, I get some skipping via BT but it is much better then the Treo 700w or even Mogul. So it isn't much of a problem for me. I go jogging with it if the help picture how I use the TP.

Trey- Actually, I'm not sure if it really is HTC manager (probably not). The A2DP headset will launch either the WM media player or the player that is in the music tab and will only allow you to control either of those programs...

Did you have the touch? My touch was amazing, my S9s were like a wired headset. The 700wx was like you said, skipped, but my touch could be in my front pocket and be just fine. I can't even hold my TP in my hand and it still work without skipping.

Scoob 12-06-2008 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thacounty (Post 563161)
Did you have the touch? My touch was amazing, my S9s were like a wired headset. The 700wx was like you said, skipped, but my touch could be in my front pocket and be just fine. I can't even hold my TP in my hand and it still work without skipping.

I had the Mogul and p***** on the Touch b/c I needed a keyboard.

That Mogul skipped like crazy. I'd have it in my pant pockets, walk and get a few skips. I'd lay it on the ground to work out and it'd skip. This was using the BT8010.
I'm pretty happy with the stability of the TP BT so far.

Did you try to mess with the BT settings via Advanced configuration or Diamond Tweaks?

MongarEric 12-06-2008 01:28 PM

I set the bitpool to "Very High" using Advanced Configuration Tool. It made a noticeable improvement in sound quality.

I haven't noticed any skipping of audio using bluetooth headphones. Yesterday at work I listened to a podcast that was an hour an a half long while working on some equipment in the lab. I had to move around, so at any time I'd be 3 to 15 feet from my phone. The distance didn't affect the audio.

I turned off Touchslo3d, and made some recommended registry tweaks to speed up the phone. Maybe that helps bluetooth transmission.