PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch

beantown76 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tether and browsing speed slow...

Hello all,
Long time lurker/infrequent poster. Just wanted to chime in on an issue I've encountered on my Sprint version of the Touch Pro. I've noticed that my browsing speed in general has been fairly slow or at least much slower than it was on my Touch. I attributed this to the fact that I used Opera Mini on my Touch which is much faster by design than Opera Mobile. Last night I tethered my Pro to my laptop via USB and ran some test at speedtest.net. I'm just outside of Boston so I'm in a Rev A area and the download speeds I got ranged from about 900-1100 KBPS and the upload was horrible at between 50-70 KBPS. Now I think that the horrible upload speeds is probably affecting my general browsing experience when not tethered as well. Does anyone have any insight as to why I'm getting such slow speeds and what I can do about it? I'm pretty sure that when I had the Touch the download speed was comparable and the upload was much better. Shouldn't I have seen an improvement with Rev A? Thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro