PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 04:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

musiqhead is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Data connection and voice is terrible, please help!!!!!

I have had my Touch Pro for about 1 week now and love it alot more then my Mogul. I have noticed a really bad issue though. On my Mogul I use to go on 3 mile runs and listen to internet radio stations without any issues. When I do the same with Touch Pro there is constant buffering that literally kills the mood. In the end there is so much buffering that I simply continue the jog in silence.

What is diffrent in the Mogul and Touch Pro that the Mogul seems to have a better data connection? I do know that when I bought the Touch Pro, data didnt work at all. Sprint had me change some options by hitting some kind of code, I then had to change some option from 0 to 1 and I had data working. I bought the Touch Pro for its nice design and smaller size. Also sometimes when making phone calls it drops calls very easily and frequently, and if I am in a call, sometimes I hear crackling and I miss what people are saying, like it fads in and out. Has anyone else had these issue? If yes how did you fix it?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work
Re: Data connection and voice is terrible, please help!!!!!

yea I had the same problem when I first got mines, I tried evverything to a soft reset to a hard one and I did the last thing I could think of which was call CS and you already know when you call CS they give you a bunch of BS but the rep was trying to tell me the data wasnt working cuz they was a storm nearby but I just left the sprint store and all their phones are fine with data so for the most part just call cs and tell them u can connect to the next... worked for me . Not the radio but everything else
Old 12-05-2008, 04:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS
Threadstarter

musiqhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
yea I had the same problem when I first got mines, I tried evverything to a soft reset to a hard one and I did the last thing I could think of which was call CS and you already know when you call CS they give you a bunch of BS but the rep was trying to tell me the data wasnt working cuz they was a storm nearby but I just left the sprint store and all their phones are fine with data so for the most part just call cs and tell them u can connect to the next... worked for me . Not the radio but everything else
HAHAHA thats funny because they told me that it was a nation wide outage and that anyone that just got a new phone or just signed on with Sprint has no data. When I went to the store they were like "what are you talking about?" so I said thats what Sprint CS told me. The lady left for a second then came back and was like "Oh yea, there is a nationwide outage" but I could tell by the look on her face there really wasnt one. i then was talking with a friend and he said he just got a Touch Pro, so I asked is you data working, and he said yea. He bought the phone the same time I did, infact a day later. His phone should have been affected by this so called outage and it wasnt. I called CS again and demanded they get my phone working. Thats when they did that option thing and it worked.

Ill call CS again, I really want my data and phone to work ok..... I cant even use Sling Player to watch TV
Old 12-05-2008, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

discipler is just getting started

I have had that issue with a few stations. But overall, I have not. When it happens, I usually quit the connection, reopen Opera Browser, and reconnect on the link. If it starts the buffering thing again, I quit the station and find another. I love streaming audio and have three locations I regularly visit here: http://mytouchpro.blogspot.com/2008/...streaming.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro