PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2008, 02:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

larrymartin830 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Touch Pro

Well the more and more i read about it the more i am thinking of selling my 6800 and get the pro...

Well i wanted to know what dose every one think of theres the pro i mean...

i will be picking it up some time next year...since verizon got it now
Old 12-05-2008, 03:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: Sprint

cbunting is a n00b
Re: HTC Touch Pro

Keep the 6800. I had 2 touch pro's that were total junk. I'm sure you can read about it here, if you find some threads that weren't deleted by the htc fanboys yet, but basically...

1) It heats up like a toaster
2) when it heats up, it stops charging
3) Battery depleats quicker than any ppc phone I have ever owned. I got about 30 minutes talk-time.
4) Drop it once, and expect major cracks/damage
5) Software is good, and it is a stable phone, I just can't overcome the first 3 issues.

The 6800 on the other hand has a much better keyboard (keys are bigger and easier to press, TP has a very stiff keyboarD)
and the buttons on the unit are nice to use for different functions.

The TP also unlocks when you bump the keyboard open in your pocket, which will cause havok.

When they get the issues worked out to where this can be a useable peice of equipment, I might try it again, but for now, my 6800 does the trick.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbunting View Post
Keep the 6800. I had 2 touch pro's that were total junk. I'm sure you can read about it here, if you find some threads that weren't deleted by the htc fanboys yet, but basically...

3) Battery depleats quicker than any ppc phone I have ever owned. I got about 30 minutes talk-time.
5) Software is good, and it is a stable phone, I just can't overcome the first 3 issues.

The 6800 on the other hand has a much better keyboard (keys are bigger and easier to press, TP has a very stiff keyboarD)

The TP also unlocks when you bump the keyboard open in your pocket, which will cause havok.

When they get the issues worked out to where this can be a useable peice of equipment, I might try it again, but for now, my 6800 does the trick.
are you on sprint? my pro is close to perfect now with the fixes. battery still no great but, i have 2 now. p.s im from mountjoy pa
Old 12-06-2008, 10:33 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If your on Verizon you might want to read some more theirs is seriously crippled with a lack of RAM. If you wait 6 month Verizon will probably release one with more RAM so they can sell them twice I.E. 700w/wx. My Sprint TP has been the best PPC I have had the software is very stable even better than the 700wx. This device handles what ever software you throw at it. I would really hate to have the Verizon currant version with the lack of RAM it is most likely not as stable but I haven't tested one so I could be wrong
β€œIt is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:39 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

My Sprint TP is the best phone I have ever owned.....much better than the Mogul....
Old 12-06-2008, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint 4G (oh yeah!)

bporter001 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: HTC Touch Pro

My TouchPRO has not experienced any of the problems that are mentioned. It is by far the best PPC phone I've ever owned. I get between 2 to 3 hours talk time, and I've never had the phone get any warmer than any other phone I've owned.

You said you are with Verizon but the problems listed in post #2 are problems with the Sprint version. I haven't read too much about the Verizon version other than the LOW amount of RAM and the horrible keyboard.

To those complaining about the sprint version: The unofficial word around here seems to point to a revision2 version being released in January which addresses the most common problems that people are reporting. Then all of the issues will be resolved and the Sprint version will be close to perfect!

Last edited by bporter001; 12-06-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added smiley!
Old 12-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC MOGUL

jpjaram36 is a n00b
Smile Re: HTC Touch Pro

The Pro is a great phone I have bought 3 already to replace three moguls and everyone loves them and have had no problems. My Mogul was good but the TP in my opinion is much much better.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

sherv is becoming a great contributor

There are a bunch of reviews of the TP here already, check em out...seems that, for the most part, people are very happy with it. I absolutely love mine

Old 12-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbunting View Post

You must have had a defective unit. Mine is great and have no complaints. Just because yours possibly was defective doesn't mean they are ALL junk.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

I had one. Returned it. Waiting on a better try.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro