PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47800)

larrymartin830 12-05-2008 02:28 AM

HTC Touch Pro

Well the more and more i read about it the more i am thinking of selling my 6800 and get the pro...

Well i wanted to know what dose every one think of theres the pro i mean...

i will be picking it up some time next year...since verizon got it now :)

cbunting 12-05-2008 03:12 AM

Re: HTC Touch Pro

Keep the 6800. I had 2 touch pro's that were total junk. I'm sure you can read about it here, if you find some threads that weren't deleted by the htc fanboys yet, but basically...

1) It heats up like a toaster
2) when it heats up, it stops charging
3) Battery depleats quicker than any ppc phone I have ever owned. I got about 30 minutes talk-time.
4) Drop it once, and expect major cracks/damage
5) Software is good, and it is a stable phone, I just can't overcome the first 3 issues.

The 6800 on the other hand has a much better keyboard (keys are bigger and easier to press, TP has a very stiff keyboarD)
and the buttons on the unit are nice to use for different functions.

The TP also unlocks when you bump the keyboard open in your pocket, which will cause havok.

When they get the issues worked out to where this can be a useable peice of equipment, I might try it again, but for now, my 6800 does the trick.

darren.wlsn1 12-05-2008 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbunting (Post 561160)
Keep the 6800. I had 2 touch pro's that were total junk. I'm sure you can read about it here, if you find some threads that weren't deleted by the htc fanboys yet, but basically...

3) Battery depleats quicker than any ppc phone I have ever owned. I got about 30 minutes talk-time.
5) Software is good, and it is a stable phone, I just can't overcome the first 3 issues.

The 6800 on the other hand has a much better keyboard (keys are bigger and easier to press, TP has a very stiff keyboarD)

The TP also unlocks when you bump the keyboard open in your pocket, which will cause havok.

When they get the issues worked out to where this can be a useable peice of equipment, I might try it again, but for now, my 6800 does the trick.

are you on sprint? my pro is close to perfect now with the fixes. battery still no great but, i have 2 now. p.s im from mountjoy pa

Big D5 12-06-2008 10:33 AM

If your on Verizon you might want to read some more theirs is seriously crippled with a lack of RAM. If you wait 6 month Verizon will probably release one with more RAM so they can sell them twice I.E. 700w/wx. My Sprint TP has been the best PPC I have had the software is very stable even better than the 700wx. This device handles what ever software you throw at it. I would really hate to have the Verizon currant version with the lack of RAM it is most likely not as stable but I haven't tested one so I could be wrong

flyers2114 12-06-2008 10:39 AM

My Sprint TP is the best phone I have ever owned.....much better than the Mogul....:headbang:

bporter001 12-06-2008 11:09 AM

My TouchPRO has not experienced any of the problems that are mentioned. It is by far the best PPC phone I've ever owned. I get between 2 to 3 hours talk time, and I've never had the phone get any warmer than any other phone I've owned.

You said you are with Verizon but the problems listed in post #2 are problems with the Sprint version. I haven't read too much about the Verizon version other than the LOW amount of RAM and the horrible keyboard.

To those complaining about the sprint version: The unofficial word around here seems to point to a revision2 version being released in January which addresses the most common problems that people are reporting. Then all of the issues will be resolved and the Sprint version will be close to perfect!
:angel4:

jpjaram36 12-06-2008 11:27 AM

The Pro is a great phone I have bought 3 already to replace three moguls and everyone loves them and have had no problems. My Mogul was good but the TP in my opinion is much much better.

sherv 12-06-2008 11:37 AM

There are a bunch of reviews of the TP here already, check em out...seems that, for the most part, people are very happy with it. I absolutely love mine :)

gator352 12-06-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbunting (Post 561160)

You must have had a defective unit. Mine is great and have no complaints. Just because yours possibly was defective doesn't mean they are ALL junk.

jimd144 12-06-2008 12:33 PM

I had one. Returned it. Waiting on a better try.