PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S-L-O-W GMail

Ok, I have been looking (albeit not too hard) but is anyone else having a problem with downloading GMail???? Sheesh, it takes me less time to boot up my laptop and check it online than wait for the email to be downloaded to my TP.

Could it be some configuration or anything???

I am talking painfully forever....

I am using IMAP and to the best of my knowledge, I am not doing any other thing on the phone for it to fight for bandwidth....

Could it also be because I have configured Pocket Outlook to download junk in some of the other folders on GMail and it had to check all those other folders a whopping 2 other folders that seldom ever change)?

TIA,
Old 11-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: S-L-O-W GMail

Doesn't seem particularly slow to me, although I have it check automatically every 15 minutes, so I'm not actively watching it. If you have multiple large folders that it updates from way back on, then I suppose that would have an effect, but realistically it shouldn't be too bad.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

I am pulling my hair out. This has just recently started....Do you know if it just downloads changes or heaven forbid, does it have to recheck every single item?

Still looking.....
Old 11-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I'm pretty sure IMAP's designed to just look for changes, but I'm not sure the exact communication that leads to that.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I shall try having it pool the server every hour or so instead of just choosing in manually and see if that clears it up! to be honest, I have been doing tweaks here and there and who knows what I screwed up. .

The internet makes us so smart - what did we do before it existed?
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have it check every 2 hours then I manually check it when I have time and experience no delay. Even when downloading 2-3 emails it does not take more than 20 seconds.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

Mine is close to instant

If I helped you, click here
Old 11-10-2008, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Grrrr......well, it gets hung at "Receiving Headers." Once I get past that point, the emails are downloaded uber fast. Connected via wireless LAN here at home and still had the lag.

Connecting and receiving folders goes fast...then the lag from hell on receiving headers....Could be my settings. Going to tweak it.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, found the issue. In my infinite wisdom a couple days ago, I decided to download my Sent Items folder. I have a million emails in that bad boy so I just unchecked syncing that and voila! Prior to this, I tried cleaning up the Sent Items folder and it still did NOTHING. Something hangs with that Sent Items folder....

Still synching the other SMALL folders and it's going good.

Yeah, I am blonde.

Thanks for the other folks for confirming for me about their email .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

I think I'll give that a try (just started a new thread about this...oops!)--thanks Mary Gladys!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro