PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New Issue.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47787)

MILH0U5E 12-04-2008 11:20 PM

New Issue....

I searched for an issue similar to this, but couldn't find anything. Here's my problem:

I just switched jobs and went to a company that actually believed in using technology. I got my TP synced up with my company's exchange server through active sync yesterday. My phone worked flawlessly all day; receiving emails, texts, internet, making/receiving phone calls with a bluetooth. I plugged in my phone overnight to charge, used the home charger that came with the phone.

So, this morning I try to sync it and get a few error messages about it not being able to connect (#777 unavailable type of thing). So I soft reset and then sync it to get my new email. Throughout the morning I get emails and some text messages, but no phone calls.

Finally, I start getting some calls... But I can't answer them.... the phone will not let me pick the call up. I press the screen, the hard keys, and ignore... nothing works. Weird thing is that I get everything else, I just can't receive a call.

I'm running JD's ROM (the one before 2.0) and it was working WONDERFUL! Only other thing I really had was Diamond Tweaks and Grumps program.

I called Sprint Tech support, talked to a real nice guy probably located in Tenn or KY. After trying a few things the tech offered to send me out a new phone, then said I would be put on a back order list. Told him I would go to the service store to check if they could fix it, or replace it in the store. He promised me a follow up call later in the evening. Went to the store (after setting back to stock) and when I noticed how many people were waiting for phone service, I went to the store side to see if the phone was in sotck. Touch Pro wasn't in stock, so I left. The Tech called me on my way home, told him what happened, and he said he would order me a replacement. So now I'm on the backorder list for a new TP.

Sounds like the backorder wait is at 4-6 weeks, at least that is what this tech said... just a fyi.

So, anyone have anything similar?

jimd144 12-04-2008 11:22 PM

Re: New Issue....

Try a hard reset.

cforster 12-04-2008 11:29 PM

If the hard reset doesn't work you might try going back to the stock rom and seeing if that works for you? I'm currently using JD's rom and its working flawless for me. I actually have activsync to exchange, and seven's desktop redirector for another account, no problems.

MILH0U5E 12-04-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimd144 (Post 560752)
Try a hard reset.

That's what I did before I planned on taking it to the store, I did a hard reset and put the stock ROM back on it. After redoing my work's email, I am able to accept calls again... but now I'm stuck with the stock Sprint ROM.

I figured I would add JD's ROM back on Saturday, then add random programs back everyother day to see if I can find the bug. I just am curious if anyone else running JD's ROM, or another persons' has run into a problem like this if they sync with a work email.

chronster 12-05-2008 12:28 AM

Is JD's rom really that much better than the stock?

MILH0U5E 12-05-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 560900)
Is JD's rom really that much better than the stock?

I believe it is...

So, may this issue have been an isolated incident?