PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc EVO Lte
Carrier: Sprint

jsjaybone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Z9I+Sprint TP= crap

With all the rave reviews on the Blue Ant Z9I's I must say I'm a very unhappy camper. My main problem is the static. I also have people tell me I sound like &*$$ too. Call volume though is great when it does work. I'm coming from a Jawbone and never had this issue. I do no that bluetooth will have a static issue sometimes but this seems to happen alot. The noise cancel is way inferior to my old Jawbone. I just wanted a headset like the Jawbone but smaller. My question is does anyone else have one paired with there TP? thanks in advance.

Last edited by jsjaybone; 11-28-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Z9I+Sprint TP= crap

I heard about that bluetooth before I got my blue ant V1 and I love it! Sounds great on both ends. One thing I found about about the blue ant max iso(when you get the call button during a call) that only works when you in a very noisy area other wise sounds aweful! That might help the person on the other end but not sure why your having problems with urs heard its a pretty good BT. You just might have an "bad" one not really sure...might wanna pair it with other phones and see how it holds up with other phones.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 11-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsjaybone View Post
With all the rave reviews on the Blue Ant Z9I's I must say I'm a very unhappy camper. My main problem is the static. I also have people tell me I sound like &*$$ too. Call volume though is great when it does work. I'm coming from a Jawbone and never had this issue. I do no that bluetooth will have a static issue sometimes but this seems to happen alot. The noise cancel is way inferior to my old Jawbone. I just wanted a headset like the Jawbone but smaller. My question is does anyone else have one paired with there TP? thanks in advance.
I think I've read in other thread that there is a software update for that bluetooth. I dont know if I'm mistaken.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

speck is becoming a great contributor

Here's the info from the other thread. Let us know what happens - I'm considering buying one of these this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDD227 View Post
Ok, so just an update, I purchased the Blueant Z9i and so far (2 days) with it, it's pretty good. When I first set it up I had a bit of crackling and the people I talked to said it sounded kind of hallow in the max setting. So I did what your supposed to do when something doesn't work right. I read all the directions and then went onto Blueant's web site and uploaded the firmware update. WOW! What a difference. It is crystal clear with good range, i can sit the phone on the table and walk around without it even on me, hell i was a good ten feet away and it was clear. It's pretty damn small to, I was shocked at how small it is. very light as well. I've had it on all day and don't even feel it there.
People i've talked to on the phone with it say it is very clear and don't hear any background noise which is pretty good considering at one time I was standing next to a deisel and I couldn't hear my buddy talking to me from 15 feet away. But on the phone they could hear me and I could hear them. So I'm giving the Blueant Z9i a thumbs up with the Touch Pro, AFTER the firmware update. If I have any problems with it I'll let ya post em here.
Thank you to everyone that responded to my OP.
from http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...988#post489988 on page 3.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Timeless

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Loving my Z9i in combination with the Touch Pro. I'm having one small problem that BlueAnt is taking care of, though, which is the headset occasionally producing a very high-pitched whine. But it's otherwise perfect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Lurker

TheWolfen is a n00b

My (firmware upgraded) Z9i works fine with my Touch Pro. However, it was also defective (turned itself off randomly) and I just got the replacement today. Honestly, though... the best BT headset I've ever owned was the Plantronics Voyager 510. The only reason I bought the Z9i was for the BT 2.0 and other features. For just working well.. the Plantronics can't be beat.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bkrodgers is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Loving my Z9i in combination with the Touch Pro. I'm having one small problem that BlueAnt is taking care of, though, which is the headset occasionally producing a very high-pitched whine. But it's otherwise perfect.
I'd had this problem with whine on the original Z9 on my old Sprint Touch. Back when I tried to ask BlueAnt about it, I got a very vague and unhelpful response. Basically they said they'd never heard of it happening, said they'd pass it along to their team but wouldn't commit to anything. I returned it while I still could, but I liked it a lot and was sorry to do so. When you say they're taking care of it, do you mean they committed to a firmware update? Did they say when it'd come? Does anyone know if the V1 has the same problem? If it were fixed, I'd probably be interested in picking up the Z9i or the V1!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Be sure to do the firmware update. My Z9I and touch pro work great together.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

i also have the V1 from blue ant and people say i sound like crap. i wish the VC would work with this .
Old 12-04-2008, 07:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Supermanwoot is a n00b

I have the V1, I notice a little static on my end via bluetooth when the phone is in my pocket( not in a clear line from the headset). I have an apache though so I attribute it to that. Otherwise, no complaints from anyone on the other end! Liking the headset so far!

edit: I heard there was a firmware upgrade out but it was taken down for the V1.

Last edited by Supermanwoot; 12-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro