PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP = Left handed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47739)

Kushed 12-04-2008 04:43 PM

TP = Left handed

Were all the people involved in TP design left handed? Cause I swear I get the feeling it was designed for one, and I am not a lefty. It would have been nice if I could control the volume and slide the keyboard open with my thump. Just sayin.

hempy 12-04-2008 04:57 PM

Re: TP = Left handed

I'm left handed myself and it took quite a while to get used to the phone. I kept trying to slide it to the left like my Mogul.

i700plus 12-04-2008 05:02 PM

I'm left handed... and love the way it slides out.. I agree though that they should have made the slide standardized on the three phones.(6700,6800,TP) instead of switching it around.

CountryDevil 12-04-2008 05:16 PM

I am left handed and I have to get use to all of those things designed for right handed people. Including mice, rulers, coffee mugs with writing on them.... yeah, that's right ...think about it, it's printed so that most of the time the print is facing outwards when in the rihgt hand.... us lefties have to conpensate for everything being left handed. You watch a left handed person do something and say, "you're doing it backwards".. and I have to say "no you are not looking at it backwards"....

The TP works perfect for me and I got used to it in about ...oh I don't know... 10 mins or so... and most of the functions are done with my RIGHT hand....

Just pokin fun at you for such a small rant... no harm intended....

Just remember - If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only LEFT HANDED people are in their RIGHT minds....:laughing6:

GunnDogg 12-04-2008 05:19 PM

I'm left handed and have had problems with it...but not anymore seeing how I'm playing with it all the time.

TurboFool 12-04-2008 05:28 PM

I'm right-handed, but I've always preferred to operate my phone with my left hand, so this hasn't been a problem for me. When you're a multi-tasker, you generally keep the phone in your left hand so your right hand is free for other tasks. I suspect this was their logic, and why they switched back to this after the Mogul.

Skipple 12-04-2008 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 559943)
I am left handed and I have to get use to all of those things designed for right handed people. Including mice, rulers, coffee mugs with writing on them.... yeah, that's right ...think about it, it's printed so that most of the time the print is facing outwards when in the rihgt hand.... us lefties have to conpensate for everything being left handed. You watch a left handed person do something and say, "you're doing it backwards".. and I have to say "no you are not looking at it backwards"....

The TP works perfect for me and I got used to it in about ...oh I don't know... 10 mins or so... and most of the functions are done with my RIGHT hand....

Just remember - If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only LEFT HANDED people are in their RIGHT minds....:laughing6:

Don't forget the all important scissors and the worst of them all, the writing in English. You righties never get the joy of dragging your hand through wet ink or smearing pencil on the paper you write.

However, the volume buttons can easily be used by righties, though I would agree that the sliding mechanism favors lefties.

cforster 12-04-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryDevil (Post 559943)

Deep.....very deep... :) j/k

I have had the phone for a few weeks now and I'm just now getting used to it. Sliding the other way would have been nice though...

hempy 12-04-2008 05:42 PM

I feel its actually a little bit more geared for right handers in that the controls are on the right of the screen in landscape mode.

dr g 12-04-2008 05:42 PM

I'm left handed, and the phone doesn't seem any more made for me than my 6700 was. Wish the UI could flip to left-handed!