PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Touch Pro Wired Headsets - Recommendations? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47724)

brannonz 12-04-2008 03:29 PM

HTC Touch Pro Wired Headsets - Recommendations?

So far I'm mostly happy with my Touch Pro (will be much happier when they fix the voice announcements for incoming calls). However, I've been having some problems finding a decent *wired* headset to work with it.

The mini-usb headphones that come with the device have good quality and a push-to-talk/voice-command button, but they are lacking built-in volume controls. This is a problem for me because I've found that the Touch Pro volume control doesn't really do much to lower the volume of some of the loudest calls I'm on. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of earbud style headphones.

My old 2.5mm headset worked great on my old phone, but plugging it into that wonky adapter HTC provides seems to introduce static for the people I'm calling.

So basically I'm looking for:
  • Mini-USB
  • Built-In Volume Controls
  • Headset or Over-The-Ear style (not ear-buds)
Anyone have any good suggestions?

(BTW... I'm not looking to debate the merits of Bluetooth here. I simply don't want another device I have to worry about charging. :mrgreen:)

skfny 02-18-2009 07:10 PM

Re: HTC Touch Pro Wired Headsets - Recommendations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by brannonz (Post 559701)
So far I'm mostly happy with my Touch Pro (will be much happier when they fix the voice announcements for incoming calls). However, I've been having some problems finding a decent *wired* headset to work with it.

The mini-usb headphones that come with the device have good quality and a push-to-talk/voice-command button, but they are lacking built-in volume controls. This is a problem for me because I've found that the Touch Pro volume control doesn't really do much to lower the volume of some of the loudest calls I'm on. Plus, I'm not a huge fan of earbud style headphones.

My old 2.5mm headset worked great on my old phone, but plugging it into that wonky adapter HTC provides seems to introduce static for the people I'm calling.

• Mini-USB

(BTW... I'm not looking to debate the merits of Bluetooth here. I simply don't want another device I have to worry about charging. :mrgreen:)

I'm looking for something similar:

3.5mm earbuds with:
in-line volume control and
built-in discreet microphone

I had this for my Treo 700wx, but can't find anything similar for the Pro. With so many phones supporting 3.5mm natively, I expected to find a dozen of these on eBay.

Dr.8820 02-18-2009 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skfny (Post 721500)
I'm looking for something similar:

3.5mm earbuds with:
in-line volume control and
built-in discreet microphone

I had this for my Treo 700wx, but can't find anything similar for the Pro. With so many phones supporting 3.5mm natively, I expected to find a dozen of these on eBay.

i thanked you by accident, damn you dell! but i must be preaching to myself because you guys can try the plantronics 590 series which is wireless but can also be a wired headset and the sound is amazing! if i knew how to use attachments i'd show you guys!

shaakezula 02-18-2009 07:31 PM

try going to radioshack and looking for the mini usb to 3.5 mm jack adapter THEN look for the type of wired head set u want..that's what i did and it will open up a wide range of headsets u like

scoobdude 02-18-2009 09:11 PM

I use the HT820 which is both Bt and wired.

Also not sure if it helps, but here is an HTC adaptor with audio controls that takes a 3.5. But i cannot seem to find it right now. the old model had a 100 in it and the new one has a 300 in it. If i find it i will post back

Ok found a link to one of them: http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=150190

its in the UK but the model number is there

dallas contractor 02-18-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brannonz (Post 559701)

• Mini-USB

here fix VC http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57643 Post 8