PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How much data do you use on your Touch Pro per month?
Less than 1GB 15 18.07%
1-3GB 29 34.94%
3-5GB 18 21.69%
More than 5GB 21 25.30%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

i700plus is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Data Hog.. How bout you?

I've gone through many cell phones in the past 5+ years I've been with Sprint, from the visor phone to the Hitachi G1000 I've never seen a device use more data than the touch pro. I noticed in the 15 days I had the phone I went through over 980 MB of data with no tethering or anything. I understand that the phone uses a lot of data with You tube.. and
I admit to using it like crazy in the first 15 days I had it but I'm just wondering what other peoples data usage is like with this device in a month.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:48 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Data Hog.. How bout you?

My cycle ends on the 22nd, I have used about 500MB so far...
Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I run an average of 6-8 GB of data traffic per month on my Diamond, without tethering. Though I admittedly use my Diamond quite a bit to look up info online because I am too lazy to get up and use one of my desktop computers... or get my laptop out and set it up.

Also, I sync with my Exchange server and get an average of 150-200 emails per day, about 10-15% of which have attachments (which I allow to download). I would guess that I answer an average of 30-40 emails per day from my Diamond.

I just ordered a Touch Pro (why not? company is paying for it...) and once I get it, I will let you know if it varies for me on the Touch Pro.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

I use about between 10 to 15GB a month between the Pro and the U727 (not to go a little off topic), and along with that, I may add a poll to this to make it a bit more interesting.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-

Last edited by blasphemous_prime; 12-04-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

i use about 3-4gb a month, wife uses about 500mb a month. no tethering

Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor

I've only used 70MB so I'm on pace for a blistering ~250MB usage.

I do quite a bit of browsing on the phone with some tether but I usually stick to PIE.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

I must be a lightweight, this is the last day of my billing cycle and I have used 460 megs.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

i700plus is just getting started

So another question... With Sprint I think the data cap is 5GB per month with data cards.... What does sprint do then when we go over that on our phones... So far 2 people say they use over 5gb per month with their TP... If i went over 10 GB a month every month from now on does anyone think sprint would say anything (no tethering of course)
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by i700plus View Post
I've gone through many cell phones in the past 5+ years I've been with Sprint, from the visor phone to the Hitachi G1000 I've never seen a device use more data than the touch pro. I noticed in the 15 days I had the phone I went through over 980 MB of data with no tethering or anything. I understand that the phone uses a lot of data with You tube.. and
I admit to using it like crazy in the first 15 days I had it but I'm just wondering what other peoples data usage is like with this device in a month.
The newer mobile browsers in conjunction with newer tech in phones these days enable the display of more info faster than ever, so doesn't it make sense that you're gonna eat up data usage a lot quicker than devices from 3-5 years ago? Not to mention we're viewing full web pages now instead of mobile versions... So I don't see why you're shocked at all... i think it's more about the user and less about the device racking up data...
but i use about 1gb without tethering in the first month.. probably gonna average 500mb
Old 12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

I've got 6 days left in my billing cycle and I'm at an errie 666MB of use with little or no teathering. I do use the youtubeplayer app a lot and stream music a few hours a day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro