PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   TP Recalled! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47708)

mabru2001 12-04-2008 01:16 PM

TP Recalled!

I just got back from my local Sprint store where I was told that they couldn't get any TP's because there has been a recall from HTC for a "software issue" They said it was a active sync problem. Also that Best Buy was not perticipating in the recall. And I got mine from BB. Um dont BB have to inform there customers when there is a recall on a product they sold?

And just my luck that I flash a new rom and then there is a recall! Anyone have any luck in relocking yet? Or if I somehow get a phone rep to send me out a new one what will happen if I send the unlocked phone? Think I could play dumb and say I just seen online about fixes and I followed the directions not knowing it would void my waranty?

nenne2000 12-04-2008 01:23 PM

Re: TP Recalled!

This can't be true. Is there anything stating this on the sprint or htc website?

mabru2001 12-04-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nenne2000 (Post 559406)
This can't be true. Is there anything stating this on the sprint or htc website?

Dont know, just going by what my store told me.

MidwestDrummer 12-04-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabru2001 (Post 559419)

Were they able to show any documented proof?

afx 12-04-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabru2001 (Post 559419)

Stores have a habit of making excuses for low stock that you cant argue with.

Seriously? A software problem? Thats what rom updates are for.

aceracer24 12-04-2008 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabru2001 (Post 559393)
I just got back from my local Sprint store where I was told that they couldn't get any TP's because there has been a recall from HTC for a "software issue" They said it was a active sync problem. Also that Best Buy was not perticipating in the recall. And I got mine from BB. Um dont BB have to inform there customers when there is a recall on a product they sold?

And just my luck that I flash a new rom and then there is a recall! Anyone have any luck in relocking yet? Or if I somehow get a phone rep to send me out a new one what will happen if I send the unlocked phone? Think I could play dumb and say I just seen online about fixes and I followed the directions not knowing it would void my waranty?

Flash back to stock and relock it. Also, you stated it's a software issue. Sprint and or HTC will probably release an update for people that already have the phone. HTC probably just halted the current shipments so they could fix this in house. You are making this sound like the phone is going to blow up in our faces or something lol.

Also, there was a security patch evidently http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47697

WarChild 12-04-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mabru2001 (Post 559393)

Only if there is a safty issue.

WarChild 12-04-2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 559429)
Flash back to stock and relock it. Also, you stated it's a software issue. Sprint and or HTC will probably release an update for people that already have the phone. HTC probably just halted the current shipments so they could fix this in house. You are making this sound like the phone is going to blow up in our faces or something lol.

LOL I needed that thanks!

jimd144 12-04-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceracer24 (Post 559429)
Flash back to stock and relock it.

The relock does not work

aceracer24 12-04-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimd144 (Post 559439)
The relock does not work

We're doomed......