PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin
Re: Best Way to Get a Sprint TP For Use on Verizon?

i bought mine on ebay for 450. save 150 from retail price

and 300 + like 10-30 dollars for plan + cancellation fee might be close... but then you dont got to hassle with paper work
Old 12-04-2008, 10:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

I don't understand why everyone *****es about Verizon's service. I had Spring (years ago when it was PCS). I had Bell Atlantic Mobile. I had AT&T, then Cingular, I had Nextel. Now I have Verizon. It is THE ABSOLUTE BEST SERVICE I HAVE EVER HAD. The coverage is first rate. I have never found a dead spot for the two years I've had the service, and I drive around a lot. I LOVE their customer service. Even Verizon land line and FiOS could take a lesson from VZW customer service. Tech Support is awesome. So they're a bit pricey and they gimp their phones. The service is great.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

i love verizon's network and seeing as though i don't pay the bill i have no say, but they have the best service for what they need at prices my parents are willing to pay. i just don't like how slow the vzw touch pro is so ya
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

The MS Live cashback deal will help you.

And I'm not trying to make you switch carriers, but it won't hurt to take Sprint up on their 30 day trial service. Things have improved in the last 4 years =]
Old 12-04-2008, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmason807 View Post
Historically (admittedly 4+ years ago) I've had horrible experiences with Sprint's coverage, both for voice and data -- it's fantastic where you've got it, but unless I was in a major metro area all the time, it just didn't hold up.

I live and hang out in the distant suburbs of DC (I'm on the very edge of AT&T's 3G coverage), and I travel to small-ish cities a lot for my job -- which offers Sprint blackberries to employees and gets complaints constantly from those who travel. Based on eyeballing coverage maps of all three carriers, Verizon seems to have more EVDO coverage than Sprint in outer suburbs and smaller cities.

Do you disagree?

Also, what did you mean by "dimmed down verizon rev A"? Are the two networks not running at the same speeds? I thought Rev A was Rev A?
man, ive been with several carriers myself, and yes, four years ago sprint definately had some issues with reception here and there, BUT they definately came a long way since then, actually it wouldnt be very logical to base an opinion on a carriers coverage based off of some few years ago, because each carrier add towers daily to fix their dead spots.. the verizon commercial, "do you hear me now?.. good" there really are people that are hired to do that accross the nation to find such spots so they can patch it up. and when i said dimmed down version of rev A, i meant their speeds arent anywhere near as fast as sprints.. rev A is a new better/faster connection available as we all know, but the speeds still can vary. you can have more or less bars in an area for voice as you can have faster or slower speeds in a data connection. sprint is well known for its mobile broadband service.. hence the theme "everything at sprint speed" because they definately lead the carriers in their data performance consistantly.

but when its all said and done, it really depends on where you live and travel.. i simply suggested that you try out the 30 day trial with sprint and see if you are satisfied with the service.. then you will know for sure, it doesnt hurt to try, especially since you are considering getting a sprint tp anyway. if it doesnt work out for you, then i guess it really would be better to stick with verizon.

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro