PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   BattLog Results Reports and Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47676)

ScrapMaker 12-09-2008 12:33 PM

Re: BattLog Results Reports and Discussion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palladium (Post 568087)
That is one caveat that I left out of my previous post. If the unit is in anything but sleep mode (i.e. drawing any more than 20-30 mA current) then I see the temperature rise as well when hooked to the charger. I don't know if it is related to the power management chip or what (It appears to be).

The troubling thing (which I posted in the battery life thread) is that the LG phones based on the GSM chipset (MSM72xx) Does not have battery life or temperature issues, but the HTC phones based on the same chipsets do.... Leads me to believe that it is an implementation issue that HTC needs to address.

I have not heard of the Omnia having these issues, so you are correct.

I wish I could help you study the battery/heat/charging issues more, but I am returning mine after work today. I already talked to my boss, and it's okay for me to get the $799 unlocked Sony Xperia X1, assuming it makes me happy.

The camera on the Omnia is utterly amazing though... wow... it has a refresh rate of nearly 30 just looking at the viewfinder. The automatic panoramic mode works AS YOU PAN THE PHONE... meaning, it's moving, and it STILL makes crystal-clear pictures... and it's a windows mobile phone... so it's definitely possible to have a decent phone... HTC just dropped the ball, and the other team made a slam-dunk.

It's only a short time until more and more manufacturers come out with competition, without battery problems, that people will stop being such HTC fanboys.

Palladium 12-09-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapMaker (Post 568153)
I have not heard of the Omnia having these issues, so you are correct.

I wish I could help you study the battery/heat/charging issues more, but I am returning mine after work today. I already talked to my boss, and it's okay for me to get the $799 unlocked Sony Xperia X1, assuming it makes me happy.

The camera on the Omnia is utterly amazing though... wow... it has a refresh rate of nearly 30 just looking at the viewfinder. The automatic panoramic mode works AS YOU PAN THE PHONE... meaning, it's moving, and it STILL makes crystal-clear pictures... and it's a windows mobile phone... so it's definitely possible to have a decent phone... HTC just dropped the ball, and the other team made a slam-dunk.

It's only a short time until more and more manufacturers come out with competition, without battery problems, that people will stop being such HTC fanboys.

You know BattLog will work on any WinMo 5 or 6 phone. Would you be willing to run at least the benchmark and give us some comparative numbers? I for one am extremely interested.

BTW, I have Uploaded a new version of BattLog (0.2.3.130) that is WinMo 5 and QVGA compatible (should also work on the QVGA Square screens as well) it is in the original thread referenced in my original post!

ScrapMaker 12-09-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palladium (Post 568188)
You know BattLog will work on any WinMo 5 or 6 phone. Would you be willing to run at least the benchmark and give us some comparative numbers? I for one am extremely interested.

BTW, I have Uploaded a new version of BattLog (0.2.3.130) that is WinMo 5 and QVGA compatible (should also work on the QVGA Square screens as well) it is in the original thread referenced in my original post!

I just re-activated my original Touch. I can load it on here and give you some numbers as well...

oldman 01-26-2009 03:16 AM

I really like your application, but I would like to see a few changes.
1) Change the background grid color. I have trouble reading the data on top of the dark green grid.
2) Put a couple of more Y value markers on the Grid
3) Put a time scale along the X-axis
4) Allow the display to show a longer time period than just 20 sec. (approx), but still keep the sampling rate the same.

It's a great application.

Bob

dahray02 04-30-2009 03:50 PM

i'm trying to track my data connections, any idea how i decipher this log to do this....i see stuff like "ConnectionsCellularDescriptions = Sprint" and "ConnectionsCount = 2" but i'm not sure what that means...can anyone assist me