PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL
Restoring Opera mini

Anybody know the files and registries we would have to copy over to the device after a new flash so that we do not have to install Opera mini again? I guess I would need the files for java as well. This would save me a lot of time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bairice is keeping up the good workbairice is keeping up the good work
Re: Restoring Opera mini

Hmm, I feel that in the time it would take to copy over the files, you could have installed opera mini on your phone already.. I'm not sure what files you would copy, but I know that a lot of the java files are under /windows/appdb
Old 11-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I guess later i'll try to find them. I use sashimi to copy and install so it's not a big deal. I almost have it down to where I dont have to enter any serial numbers or anything anymore. For example, tom tom and livesearch and ready to run when I boot up. I want to do the same for Opera mini, but I know it will be more involved. But I Know it's possible.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:19 AM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

bump. anybody?
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Wait what? Opera mini is java and free, no serial numbers.

Use the included opera mobile in my opinion. Works much better.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I agree Opera Mobile is definitely a first preference but Opera Mini with the Java vga cab is awesome on the diamond. Mini was just upgraded to 4.2 as well with performance enhancements. The key value add for me with mini is you dont have to be evdo coverage area to use it effectively. Meaning even in 1x or roaming it will work very well, much quicker than opera mobile in rendering websites. Coming from an slow edge smartphone recently, opera mini was the saving grace for me doing web surfing so it is nice to have it as a backup.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 AM
Android Convert
Threadstarter

Opera still has many benefits. Yes, I know it's free. If I just want to surf web pages, Opera mini blows ay browser out the water. Have you noticed how long it takes opera mobile to zoom in and load a page fully sometimes?

And it was much simpler than I thought. There are no registry settings for Opera Mini. Just the appdb folder in windows(I compared registries). I just moved the appdb folder into my sashimi folder so that Sashimi can copy it over on reflash and i'm done.

Saves settings and bookmarks also if you logged into operalink already as well.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
operamini 4.2 Wow!Fast!

Just what the title says! Omg! So fast! Beats opera 9.5, skyfire and the rest.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cmilviper is just getting started
Re: operamini 4.2 Wow!Fast!

Yeah I used opera mini on my Mogul, and downloaded it now for the Pro, but how do I run or where do I put the "jbed_vga.rar" file?

Thanks
Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: operamini 4.2 Wow!Fast!

Is Opera mini the app that actually has the server render the site image before sending it to the device?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro