PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How is the dialer on the pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47667)

afx 12-04-2008 03:06 AM

How is the dialer on the pro?

Before I ditch this 800w which has the best soft dialer I think ive ever used response wise, how is the dialer on the pro? Is it responsive?

The mogul was such crap Im pushing the dialer to the top of my feature must haves.

shark1987 12-04-2008 03:44 AM

Re: How is the dialer on the pro?

it's actually very very responsive, I don't even have to turn off the sounds and it responds faster than my mogul and touch both did with sounds turned off.

TurboFool 12-04-2008 03:57 AM

Massive improvement over the Mogul in responsiveness, and best I've used overall in style and functionality. I'm very happy with it.

leetsauce 12-04-2008 05:13 AM

The TP dialer is great. Why did you ever use the soft dialer on the 800w though? I found the keyboard to be a much quicker way to dial.

ou2mame 12-04-2008 05:47 AM

the dialer on the pro is quick.

jmorton10 12-04-2008 08:19 AM

The dialer looks & works very well except for one big problem (there is a long thread here about it)

With the Diamond dialer enabled, the phone is very very slow to respond to incoming calls. It will light up for incoming & flash, but unless you happen to be looking right at it you won't know you have a call coming in as it won't audibly ring for another two or three rings. This was causing me to lose calls to voice mail as it would only ring once or twice & go straight to VM before I had a chance to answer it.

Disabling the Diamond dialer & using the ugly stock Windows dialer fixes the problem. That dialer won't dial ## codes or 911 I guess, but an incoming call will ring almost instantly.

~John

jmorton10 12-04-2008 08:47 AM

READ THROUGH THIS THREAD

[sammich] 12-04-2008 09:03 AM

Yup, it's very responsive. As soon as you press the number shows up, you don't have to wait. But it does seem to increase lag when receiving a call. My lights flash for 4 seconds before it says I'm getting a call, shows the picture, and rings.

johnnychimpo 12-04-2008 09:06 AM

You have lights that flash?

jmorton10 12-04-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 558945)
My lights flash for 4 seconds before it says I'm getting a call, shows the picture, and rings.

Exactly & it's ringing at the other end the whole time.

It was annoying the hell out of me to watch it flashing in a cradle on my desk knowing a call was coming in & having to wait 4-5 seconds for it to actually ring or display the caller ID screen.

There where times it seemed like it went to VM after one ring. I love that dialer, but I have stopped using it because of this. I used the stock WM dialer (yuk) for a while & it gave almost instant rings. Now, I am using Paul Degroots awesome beta blue VGA dialer skin. That skin doesn't ring quite as fast as the WM skin, but it's very close & looks a heck of a lot better.

~John