PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Newest Kinoma Play auto rotates

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
if you already have it installed you can just do an update in the program itself and it downloads it for you.

That is what I have been trying to do since yesterday afternoon & it hasn't worked yet. Today, after sitting in the upgrade is available screen for 10 minutes it game me an error saying "socket is not connected"

I have the pay version.

~John
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Does it still steal all the file associations?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:21 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Does it still steal all the file associations?
I think it does. I finally got the update to work & clicking on a jpeg from the file browser brought up Kinoma (which is DEFINITELY NOT) what I want.

I'm not 100% sure, but I THINK I had s2v set to open jpegs as the default before this update. I will use Resco Explorer & reset the association again. That's easy to do, but shouldn't be necessary.......

~john
Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT & ORANGE

harlem135th is keeping up the good workharlem135th is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to harlem135th

Kinoma did take the file associations like my pictures etc but i installed resco Photo viewer and everything went back.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Works well for me...I just did the auto update and I am loving the auto rotate feature.

I just want to say I really love Kinoma. I WISH there was a Kinoma plugin for Windows Media Center as well...I would LOVE IT

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlem135th View Post
Kinoma did take the file associations like my pictures etc .
I can't believe they haven't addressed this problem yet, there have certainly been enough complaints about it. It's like they designed the program to only appeal to total noobs & the heck with more advanced users........

~John
Old 12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ezrem is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark1987 View Post
if you already have it installed you can just do an update in the program itself and it downloads it for you.

The new VGA res looks great, and auto rotating without having to open SprintTV before is awesome.
Kinoma's site indicates the whole GUI is VGA now, but on my Pro, only the text seems to be VGA, all the other GUI elements are still QVGA. Is this also your experience?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: n/a

Charles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good workCharles@Kinoma is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
can someone post teh actual file? i go to the site and it says wait for download.... and i wait and wait and wait..
This was at http://kinoma.com/freeplay/download/? Do you have JavaScript disabled?

(I've added a manual download link at the top of the page as well. For safety's sake, we recommend that people only get Kinoma FreePlay from our site.)

-- Charles Wiltgen

Last edited by Charles@Kinoma; 12-04-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added note about new download link
Old 12-04-2008, 11:20 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

streaming video from orb seems to lag quite a bit... any settings to fix this?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

Will the Kinoma update FINALLY let us browse our files by folder? I find it easier to find files this way with how my files are organized.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro